Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My GTI has (finally) arrived at the dealers [:)] I went down to see it last night and it looked totally fantastic!!! The car has so much 'presence' it amazing. I was quite worried about whether silver was the right colour to go for but now it's arrived I'm really pleased with it. The car was unbelievably dirty and was covered in stickers & bar codes so I now have to wait 'till Friday lunchtime for it to be PDI'd and I can pick it up! I'm so excited!!! Oh, these next 2 1/2 days are gonna be a killer [:(]

Incidentally, they also had a blue GTI in the showroom which looked awful - esp. the red grill & callipers

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ill get some photos up asap on Friday when I pick the car up. As for options, it's pretty standard. 17" wheels, arm rest, elc. folding mirrors and the high line trip computer/display. I eventually plan to add a multi cd changer/mp3 player, sat nav (oem), DAB radio, xenon's, cruise control and colour code the rear valance & side skirts. And probably loads of other stuff you guys will make me do!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I remember the excite waiting for my Gti T to be PDI'd by the dealer. I also popped round to see it filthy and full of stickers!!!!

Excited for you........wish i was waiting for one!!!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Good news, can't wait to see the pics,

Lucky man I am so jealous, I am still waiting for mine curse those 18s

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote: posted by JamesR on 05/01/2005 11:56:08

Lucky man I am so jealous, I am still waiting for mine curse those 18s

Do you have a build date yet? How much are the 18s delaying it by? 17s look great, but I wish I had 18s [:(]

·
Registered
323 Posts
They said week 3, I am not sure if that is this week or actually week 3 of Jan as when I had the test drive the salesman said it should be built 1 week back after the xmas break.

I will see what the ride is like on 18s before making my mind up about wheels, as seeing 17s I think they look fine and would give a better ride.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Great news...

Its strange, I had a dream about owning the new GTI and was very impressed with it last night (a black one). I am not sure if my dreams are trying to tell me not to buy a mini cooper s in the next 6 months.

I dunno, but going to have a test drive in a few weeks anyway.

Make sure you post some pics when you get her!

·
Registered
654 Posts
A year a go I received my new Golf and to see it delivered as mine was in a sealed container was a good feeling!

Have fun [;)]

·
Registered
654 Posts
Must say I haven't thought of test driving it Oxy, can't afford to change car so soon! And if I could I might go for the A3 Diesel (I am converted to the dark side you see [8D])

Mind you, I am lining myself up to get the Miltek and a remap this year [}:)]

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Milltek and re-map sound good :)

Anni trim too? [;)] I have seen your spraying... I think you could easily do that yourself.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Good luck with your new motor, The dealer has just called me to ask for my Insurnace looks like mine is here as well !

Out of interest did your dealer say if they had to do the engine recall or had it already been sorted at factory?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote: posted by Wish on 05/01/2005 14:52:03

Good luck with your new motor, The dealer has just called me to ask for my Insurnace looks like mine is here as well !

Out of interest did your dealer say if they had to do the engine recall or had it already been sorted at factory?

Great news. So yours has finally arrived too ( and I thought I had a long wait!). And no, the dealer hasn't mentioned anything about the recall. Maybe I should investigate.

·
Registered
136 Posts
That excellent for you,

when did you all order your cars, I ordered mine on the 3/11/04 but haven't had a build date yet. I have been carless since I got rid of my other car on 07/11/04 so it's been a long wait

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
You guys are so lucky! I reckon I'll be in your position this time next year hopefully anyway.

Get those pics up straight away and I bet Wish is raging that he hasn't got the first GTI on the forum!!

1 - 20 of 102 Posts