Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sorry the first two pics are a bit blurry as i couldnt see as the sun was right in my eyes and on the camera so i had to push the camera into the cars shadow, but hopefully you can get an idea roughly.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
i've just ordered some fk grille inserts from awesome. ?35 inc postage! but the are gonna take around 2 weeks they need to be ordered from fk.
I bought some of these in March from Awesome, Blue V5. Imo, I prefer the look of them to the hofele items.

The clip on the back is held onto the vent with plastic rivets (best description I can think of !) and one of them half came off not long after I bought em.. easily fixed with some glue though. Sprayed em myself.. never sprayed a thing before in my life. so quite pleased with the results [:D]

Posted Image

Sugar79..

I think this must be a non gti model specific thing, i know mine doesn't have a towing eye there, just the intercooler. on the right hand side (as you look at the car), there is the horn and temp gauge mounting point however.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mines a 2.0litre GTi, so i dont have an intercooler, where is your towing eye??? i bought some standard grills to go in theree and it wont fit either, i am starting to wonder if someone has hit the front of my car in a car park or something, although i cant see any damage and the bumper lines up with the wheel arch... its wierd

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
mines a 2.0litre GTi, so i dont have an intercooler, where is your towing eye??? i bought some standard grills to go in theree and it wont fit either, i am starting to wonder if someone has hit the front of my car in a car park or something, although i cant see any damage and the bumper lines up with the wheel arch... its wierd
How do ! I'm not sure i've ever seen a towing eye in the front of mine.. there's one at the back but not sure about the front. If I remember, i'll check tonight.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
They should all have a screw in front eye, and they are usually there for lashing the car down on transporters or more often used for lashing the car on a rolling road dyno.

The actual eye should be in the boot with the tools.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.