Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can get one to fit on the drivers side but the other one wont clip in because the towing eye is in the way... any ideas????

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sorry the first two pics are a bit blurry as i couldnt see as the sun was right in my eyes and on the camera so i had to push the camera into the cars shadow, but hopefully you can get an idea roughly.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sob!! i just dont understand, you try to push it on and the bracket pushs on the back of the grill so it wont clip on WAAAAAAA!!!

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
i've just ordered some fk grille inserts from awesome. ?35 inc postage! but the are gonna take around 2 weeks they need to be ordered from fk.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
i've just ordered some fk grille inserts from awesome. ?35 inc postage! but the are gonna take around 2 weeks they need to be ordered from fk.
I bought some of these in March from Awesome, Blue V5. Imo, I prefer the look of them to the hofele items.

The clip on the back is held onto the vent with plastic rivets (best description I can think of !) and one of them half came off not long after I bought em.. easily fixed with some glue though. Sprayed em myself.. never sprayed a thing before in my life. so quite pleased with the results [:D]

Posted Image

Sugar79..

I think this must be a non gti model specific thing, i know mine doesn't have a towing eye there, just the intercooler. on the right hand side (as you look at the car), there is the horn and temp gauge mounting point however.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mines a 2.0litre GTi, so i dont have an intercooler, where is your towing eye??? i bought some standard grills to go in theree and it wont fit either, i am starting to wonder if someone has hit the front of my car in a car park or something, although i cant see any damage and the bumper lines up with the wheel arch... its wierd

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
mines a 2.0litre GTi, so i dont have an intercooler, where is your towing eye??? i bought some standard grills to go in theree and it wont fit either, i am starting to wonder if someone has hit the front of my car in a car park or something, although i cant see any damage and the bumper lines up with the wheel arch... its wierd
How do ! I'm not sure i've ever seen a towing eye in the front of mine.. there's one at the back but not sure about the front. If I remember, i'll check tonight.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
They should all have a screw in front eye, and they are usually there for lashing the car down on transporters or more often used for lashing the car on a rolling road dyno.

The actual eye should be in the boot with the tools.

·
Registered
112 Posts
not that i am aware of, its HPI clear... i recon someone bumped it in a car park..
you can see a small dent in the bumper on the picture up top. cant tell if its enough to have pushed it all out of shape tho, it looks minor.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
not that i am aware of, its HPI clear... i recon someone bumped it in a car park..
you can see a small dent in the bumper on the picture up top. cant tell if its enough to have pushed it all out of shape tho, it looks minor.
there's a dent!! [:'(] in what picture????

1 - 20 of 21 Posts