Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres my MkV 1.6 FSI

Things ive done are color coded the side strips, door handles, front and back bumper, tinted the side and rear windows, added a new headunit plus lcd screen in the dash with an xbox mounted in the boot :D Just got the chromes on last week and have springs to lower it 40-50mm just waiting for a chance to get them on. Im expecting a mixed reaction as i see lots of people dont really like chrome but i do :D

Excuse the picture quality, taken with my phone :p

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
670 Posts
sorry mate - doesn't appeal at all. The wheels dont do it any favours.

Thing is its your car so enjoy it!

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Quote: posted by Welly on 14/04/2005 16:38:44

Heres my MkV 1.6 FSI

Things ive done are color coded the side strips, door handles, front and back bumper, tinted the side and rear windows, added a new headunit plus lcd screen in the dash with an xbox mounted in the boot :D Just got the chromes on last week and have springs to lower it 40-50mm just waiting for a chance to get them on. Im expecting a mixed reaction as i see lots of people dont really like chrome but i do :D

Do you really want to know what I think of it? No, you don't really want to know, I can assure you! However look at my profile and you might realise why I think as I do!!!!

·
Registered
643 Posts
Loose the rims and the lights and it'll look loads better - just my 2p worth....

·
Registered
164 Posts
Jesus guys, dont be too harsh will you! He likes it and thats whats important. Everyone has different tastes, but try and respect the guys feelings just a little.

Mate, if its how you want it to be then I'm really happy for you. Enjoy it!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Welcome to the forum Welly!

The reason we're all here is cos we like to personalise our rides, and thats what you've done. Its not what i would do, but it aint my car.

Hope you enjoy it mate and dont be put off by others comments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow some pretty bad responses to the car you guys should lighten up on me [;)] , ive been thinking of going back to the original lights thats fair enough, but the wheels are stunning in my opinion. Anyways thanks ShiftyDriver for being the only one not to completely run it down and you're right, i like it and thats what matters.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Sorry Welly - we're all honest peeps on here......

Anyway, it's certainly unique and it's yours, so enjoy it![:D]

·
Registered
670 Posts
Thing is its your car so enjoy it!

I didnt rip it too harsh [:I]

By the way, did you replace the strips or paint the existing ones?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The strips are new taking the old ones off to paint and then putting them back on is a bad idea, the new ones come with double sided tape on them its easy to put them on. No subs or amps "yet" thats what ill be thinkin of next though at this rate i might just set fire to the car [:D]

VWMichael, the HU is very nice, great sound out of it compared to the stock monster that was in it. The MP3 playback is great and the trak names scroll across the screen as it plays, also it changes colors automatically, looks really nice at night time.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thanks welly

Quote: posted by Welly on 14/04/2005 20:26:25

....at this rate i might just set fire to the car [:D]

As long as you like it, thats all that matters.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts