Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

My Golf gets its Anni Kit - First Pics

10K views 47 replies 26 participants last post by  dan23ipswich 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Seeing as I have been here a few months now I thought it was about time I posted some pics of my Golf.

I was just holding off until I got the Anni kit fitted and got another coat of polish on her.

As it was dark by the time I finished yesterday I had to get some snaps at first light today, hence why she still looks a bit damp.

Planned work for the future includes 18" wheels and lowering.

Good/bad comments all appreciated.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

See less See more
#11 ·
is the kit from bodycar styling?if it is how did u manage to make up the middle part of the sideskirts where the tabs were short.
The front and rear valances are genuine VW but the sideskirts are fibreglass replicas from bodycarstyling on eBay.

See my previous post for problems I was having with fitting:

http://www.uk-mkivs.net/forums/416111/ShowPost.aspx

The overall fit was great with only a tiny bit of trimming in the corners to get them to fit snug around the arches. I fitted them with a line of sealant along the top edge, some brackets underneath (see below) and a self tapping screw in each wheel arch.

Overall I am very pleased with and would recommend them to anyone who can cope with fitting them.

The only down side is they didnt come with the spacing blocks for the tabs that go under the car, here is how I got around that:

Posted Image

An S shaped piece of aluminium plate on each tab, held in place with a small self tapping screw through the skirt and another up into the sill.

The dimension needed is 38mm from underside of sill to upper side of tab for anyone else who may need it.

#17 ·
is the kit from bodycar styling?if it is how did u manage to make up the middle part of the sideskirts where the tabs were short.
The front and rear valances are genuine VW but the sideskirts are fibreglass replicas from bodycarstyling on eBay.

See my previous post for problems I was having with fitting:

http://www.uk-mkivs.net/forums/416111/ShowPost.aspx

The overall fit was great with only a tiny bit of trimming in the corners to get them to fit snug around the arches. I fitted them with a line of sealant along the top edge, some brackets underneath (see below) and a self tapping screw in each wheel arch.

Overall I am very pleased with and would recommend them to anyone who can cope with fitting them.

The only down side is they didnt come with the spacing blocks for the tabs that go under the car, here is how I got around that:

Posted Image

An S shaped piece of aluminium plate on each tab, held in place with a small self tapping screw through the skirt and another up into the sill.

The dimension needed is 38mm from underside of sill to upper side of tab for anyone else who may need it.
Hey.

I am going to get some of these skirts and fit them with the same tabs as you have, just wondering how long the screws into your sills were? Im not too keen on screwing into my sills... Would'nt a blob of sikaflex do the job?

Cheers for the great write up, saved me having to buy geninne ones!

Jason.

#21 ·
[

Hey.

I am going to get some of these skirts and fit them with the same tabs as you have, just wondering how long the screws into your sills were? Im not too keen on screwing into my sills... Would'nt a blob of sikaflex do the job?

Cheers for the great write up, saved me having to buy geninne ones!

Jason.
Hi Jason,

The screws are about 10-12mm long, they dont need to be too long, just long enough to go through the bracket and underbody coating and a little way into the sill.

A blob of sikaflex on each would probably do the job as long as you can hold them in place until it sets.

#23 ·
Can only see the pic above, looking very nice! Wheres the rest gone, anyone else got that problem [:'(]
Pics replaced for all to see, this post was a while ago so they had been removed from Photobucket to create some space, back again now though.

And to compare, heres some up to date ones with the wheels and lowering as I always wanted (even if I couldn't afford Anni wheels!)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#26 ·
The car is looking good Garfie, what size alloys are they? Also how much did you lower it by and what did you use?

Thanks, I am curious as I am getting really tempted to start tweaking the appearance of mine.
They are 18" Audi A8 replicas, suspension is a Koni sports kit, lowering it by 35mm. Big improvement in looks and handling by fitting the Koni's

Thanks for the compliments folks, keep your eyes peeled in the next few weeks as its getting a new front end too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.