Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Old School UkMkivs Member
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Seeing as I have been here a few months now I thought it was about time I posted some pics of my Golf.

I was just holding off until I got the Anni kit fitted and got another coat of polish on her.

As it was dark by the time I finished yesterday I had to get some snaps at first light today, hence why she still looks a bit damp.

Planned work for the future includes 18" wheels and lowering.

Good/bad comments all appreciated.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats looking sweet matey, nice color match too by the looks of it.

What you got planned next then?
Cheers bud,

Anni/R32 style wheels, lowering and some silver bulbs in the front indicators when money allows.

·
Registered
101 Posts
is the kit from bodycar styling?if it is how did u manage to make up the middle part of the sideskirts where the tabs were short. 

·
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
is the kit from bodycar styling?if it is how did u manage to make up the middle part of the sideskirts where the tabs were short.
The front and rear valances are genuine VW but the sideskirts are fibreglass replicas from bodycarstyling on eBay.

See my previous post for problems I was having with fitting:

http://www.uk-mkivs.net/forums/416111/ShowPost.aspx

The overall fit was great with only a tiny bit of trimming in the corners to get them to fit snug around the arches. I fitted them with a line of sealant along the top edge, some brackets underneath (see below) and a self tapping screw in each wheel arch.

Overall I am very pleased with and would recommend them to anyone who can cope with fitting them.

The only down side is they didnt come with the spacing blocks for the tabs that go under the car, here is how I got around that:

Posted Image

An S shaped piece of aluminium plate on each tab, held in place with a small self tapping screw through the skirt and another up into the sill.

The dimension needed is 38mm from underside of sill to upper side of tab for anyone else who may need it.

·
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Darkus, thanks for that. Looks Sweet now

How did you know those wheels were one set I was considering?

Its either those, RS8's, Anni reps or R32 reps

You're gonna have to show me how to do that one day!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
No worries dude, its just a case of cutting the wheels out, (ideally from a photo of a car at the same angle) and then putting them in the right place. Maybe a little bit of skewing here and there and some colour adjustment. anyone can do it :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
is the kit from bodycar styling?if it is how did u manage to make up the middle part of the sideskirts where the tabs were short.
The front and rear valances are genuine VW but the sideskirts are fibreglass replicas from bodycarstyling on eBay.

See my previous post for problems I was having with fitting:

http://www.uk-mkivs.net/forums/416111/ShowPost.aspx

The overall fit was great with only a tiny bit of trimming in the corners to get them to fit snug around the arches. I fitted them with a line of sealant along the top edge, some brackets underneath (see below) and a self tapping screw in each wheel arch.

Overall I am very pleased with and would recommend them to anyone who can cope with fitting them.

The only down side is they didnt come with the spacing blocks for the tabs that go under the car, here is how I got around that:

Posted Image

An S shaped piece of aluminium plate on each tab, held in place with a small self tapping screw through the skirt and another up into the sill.

The dimension needed is 38mm from underside of sill to upper side of tab for anyone else who may need it.
Hey.

I am going to get some of these skirts and fit them with the same tabs as you have, just wondering how long the screws into your sills were? Im not too keen on screwing into my sills... Would'nt a blob of sikaflex do the job?

Cheers for the great write up, saved me having to buy geninne ones!

Jason.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts