Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Managed to finally get the time to post some photos up..

Bought the car Sept 2010 and it was completely standard bar the person before me having had it remapped. I owned a Clio 182 before this so having alot to live up to the Golf outlayed my expectations and was as quick if not quicker and alot smoother then the Clio, bar the handling being a bit more 'boat'ish' then the nimble hot hatch. This is something I will be looking into improving.

Pics of the car in the advert.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Then about 2weeks after owning the car I purchased, LED Sidelights, HID Kit, Powerflex Dogbone Mount, Leather Gearknob, Aluminium Tax Disc Holder, Coilovers, New Back Bumper, Smooth Bonnet and Grill (but not fitting these now).

I fitted the Powerflex Dogbone Mount and made a slight improvement on throttle response and a vast improvement on gear changes.

Then I fitted the Coilovers and gave her a good clean then went to take some photos.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u203/clio_luke/Golf%20GTi%2020v%20Turbo/DSC_0141-1.jpg

Drove the car about over the winter and noticed that the handbrake had started seizing, so took it into work and stripped down all the brakes and lubes up all the sliders, guides and pushed all the pistons back to make sure everything was free, then release the tension on the handbrake completly and remove the cable from the caliper and pushed the pistons out to the caliper on the footbrake and then set the handbrake up after..has improved it dramatically.

Also amongst the drivers door not being recognised when its opened and the boot the same the clutch has started to slip. Went onto google to source a solid flywheel replacement and found a techniclutch Solid Flywheel and Fast Road clutch for £265 Buy It Now, I thought bargain but I left it for a couple of days and then had a notification for an ending soon auction on the Flywheel and Clutch so put in a last minute bid and managed to snap it up for £120 delivered.

Im going to change the clutch on friday so all being well then I can start tidying up the bodywork and fixing the electrical problems.

Luke

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
looks awsome [:)], i had the same handbrake seizing problems as you described when it was snowy except i pulled over to find my discs glowing orange lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats why I chose the colour because I like having a unique colour on my cars :)

Well you may be able to spot on the top photo the rear bumper has a 'L' shape hole in it from the rear owner and then it needs a front end respray and tidy up a few marks then gonna give it a mop, then I will carry on modifying but not gonna go OTT just a few bit to smarten it up.

Handbrake siezing was a big problem as I came out the house one morning and let the handbrake off and the car stayed still ha. It always had a problem when I was reversing the car because the brakes used to whine, the brake pads were changed all round just before I bought the car so I feel that they were maybe set up wrong..but its sweet as a nut now.

Thanks for the comments :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its pretty tidy mat but needs a bit of TLC, going to smooth the tailgate aswell to get rid of the VW badge.

I didnt realise they made different noises ;) what do you mean by that like exhaust, induction??

Will be doing some engine modifications in the future but for now going to focus on new tyres and bodywork :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts