Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted Image

just picked it up yesterday, still on gerry plates, but what an apt plate tho, covered around 80k miles, its 1990,

sooooo much better than my mk4!

[B)]

·
Registered
415 Posts
Oh fella! That looks incredible! Where did you source that from? 100% Spot on! Dont change it! I'm gonna be looking out for this one!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks gfunk

matey up near me used to import them, this apart from his, was the only one he had left, as it was best example he ever had, again apart from his, but circumstances forced his hand to selling it at a pretty price! [:D]

going to change handles for chinese spec,and also fit a single light debadged grill, and maybe some M3 style rear clusters, but thats probably about it bodywise

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote: posted by MkIV Turbo on 28/03/2005 22:26:50

That looks awesome! Have you got any mods planned for the engine?

thanks guys,

at some stage going to get chip'd and pulley'd, and R1 charger probably, so should put out around the 220 mark fingers crossed!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Maybe looking at selling my S3 some time.Geing a face lift new 9N polo for wife and me to get to work as 18k year seem to much.For a sports car thats dos more then 300 to full tank.after new polo may get a G60 rally or S2 VR6 some thing like that

·
Registered
90 Posts
I love mk 2's.. infact I love pretty much anything vw!!! One of my friends is going to sell his mk3 vr6 highline and buy a mk2 Rallye.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks guys

not a syncro, cost me just under 3k,full history

got it from a guy just up from , who used to import them, he had this for 2 years and time had come to sell

was looking for a rallye, really cool motors but too expensive, and bodyparts are also rare and expensive, also slower than these cos of the 4 wheel drive, plus these are less nickable if i take the badges off, it looks just like a standard gti

·
Registered
77 Posts
Stunning car. Its almost hard to believe its 15 years old, it looks totally mint. Any chance of some more pics? Always loved the G60's and Rallye's.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Looks stunning.

You'll be at home at the W.Sussex CGTI meets in that, there were quite a few other mkII's on sunday and plenty of G60 motors.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
will take some more at the weekend, if it stops raining!!

hopefully be at next months meet 02, been before and noticed some g60's

1 - 19 of 19 Posts