Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got around to taking some pictures of my pride and joy after a good bit of detailing a couple of weeks back. Enjoy!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm thinking of some alloys, possibly montreal II's but I can't do too much because of insurance. Any other things you think i should change? I want to keep it nice and stock. Comments good and bad please!

·
Registered
752 Posts
Alright mate, nice clean car there. You could change the rear light clusters to the GTi ones, or another set. Hella do a range of good ones. ? [Y]

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I was thinking of the slightly smoked Gti ones, i think they look bang on. The standard ones are a bit too bright for my liking...

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any other cheapish but good mods anyone can think of??

Also, would i have to declare montreal II alloys to the insurers, as they are VW original equipment??

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Nice (Standard) looking motor there mate. [:)]

It won't be too Standard for long if you keep visiting this site.

Trust me, you will get the bug, just a little here and there then before you know it you've sold you sole to pay for those all important mods. [:p]

Good luck mate, all the best.

Be strong and lock up your savings. [;)]

Dan

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice (Standard) looking motor there mate. [:)]

It won't be too Standard for long if you keep visiting this site.

Trust me, you will get the bug, just a little here and there then before you know it you've sold you sole to pay for those all important mods. [:p]

Good luck mate, all the best.

Be strong and lock up your savings. [;)]

Dan
Haha cheers dan, appreciate your comments.

I know how dangerous this site can be - been browsing for a couple of months, in which time i've bought myself an alpine stereo, stubby aerial, mats....

And yes, i never thought id want something as frankly ponitless as alloys until i started surfing here - now my baby has to have the best shoes!!! It's a good job i have a job....

Fred

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Good stuff mate.

I'm only joking about the Standard thing.

I had no intenions of modifing my car, then a mate of mine directed me to this site.

Then GAME OVER!, never looked back from there, I now have a failry moded car.

All the best

Dan

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, so it's been a while since I posted photos of my car, but today, I've had a little time to put some mods on. so come on, spot the difference!
And as always, please let me know your opinions!!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And a couple with it's sister...
Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Looking good there Fred, I see you got the wheels OK then mate [;)]

Look loads better than the old steelies, hope you're happy with them, lookin' nice and shiny still [:p]

I'd recommend a spot of lowering, and I personally like the black military style VW badges on a dark car.

By the way, looks like a nice house and car collection you have there!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looking good there Fred, I see you got the wheels OK then mate [;)]

Look loads better than the old steelies, hope you're happy with them, lookin' nice and shiny still [:p]

I'd recommend a spot of lowering, and I personally like the black military style VW badges on a dark car.

By the way, looks like a nice house and car collection you have there!
Thanks so much for them Ian, they really do improve the look of the car immensely.
I can't really lower the car due to where I live; it scrapes in places already at the standard ride height, and with the Mk5... don't even go there!!
Black badges and Polo rear wiper are next mods on the list tho [Y]
Cheers again [:D]

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Posted Image
just get the gti replica spoiler now mine is alot like yours pretty standard and lookin nice but i plann abit more but i have cash flow problems atm lolnice car mate

·
GT TDI 176BHP 428NM
2,121 Posts
Diesel Inside - I like the looks of where you live, nice driveway and garden you have there bud.  Quite classy...

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Diesel Inside - I like the looks of where you live, nice driveway and garden you have there bud. Quite classy...
Cheers GT130, it's a lovely part of the world isn't it (You live fairly close if I remember correctly...)

·
GT TDI 176BHP 428NM
2,121 Posts
Diesel Inside - I like the looks of where you live, nice driveway and garden you have there bud. Quite classy...
Cheers GT130, it's a lovely part of the world isn't it (You live fairly close if I remember correctly...)
Whats your nearest town then mate?

·
GT TDI 176BHP 428NM
2,121 Posts
Yeah me too mate.  Sorry but have we met at a forum meet, only I forget faces and forum names and of course (real names lol) tricky tying them all up!!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nope, I couldn't get to the meet at Melford as much as I'd have loved to... (middle of harvest); and besides, at the time my car was coated in mud and appalingly standard [:(] but now it's a bit better [:D]. If you have met me on the road somewhere, chances are I'd have been driving this baby with a big lightbar on the top, and half of Suffolk behind me....
Posted Image

...Still, when there is another local meet, please keep me in the loop [Y]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts