Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so despite the fact of all the bad reviews i decided to try it out anyway. To be fair i was quite apprehensive about it, but here is the final result..

·
Super Moderator
50,238 Posts
The only real give away is no headlight washers,apart from that if you hadn't said it was a replica most people (including R32 owners) couldn't tell either way from those photos.Looks good to me

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
that looks very good mate

as chris said the only give away is no headlight washer but saying that some people have the smoothed out

did you have it fitted or fit it yourself? how much it cost for the kit?

·
Registered
33 Posts
looks good, what kit did you buy and where from? how does the edges line up to the existing body does it look obvious or line up nice? sorry for all q's

·
Registered
10,826 Posts
Well according to the pictures this has been a proper fit by a shop as the paint job on it is no rattle can job unless you've used up at least 9 layers of rattle cans followed by a wetsand (3000 grid) &polish then did the same with the lacquer..... and no-one will do that with rattle cans so this has to be a bodyshop fit and paint.

Looks ace! only problem will be up front... stone chips,when you hit something or scrape it that's when you'll notice the fibreglass pain.... the first can be sorted out with a stone-guard vinyl wrap and I suggest you do it asap to keep the front looking just as fresh as is does now for a long period

·
Registered
42 Posts
looks good, nice fit, have you thought about trying to get the washer jet sections and units and let them in to confuse people even more?

Did you buy the ebay polish built ones?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers guys, i might go ahead and buy the washer jets. The kit was the worst kit you could probably buy off eBay at the time but with the correct work done, it fits like a glove!

·
Registered
42 Posts
fair play those thin grp bumpers on ebay don't look to good if not fitted properly, seen some bad ones on mk4s, I think a good touch would be to fit the washers aswell, if you or the guy who did the work already can make these grp ones look factory then i am sure he will have no problem fitting the jets,

·
Registered
10,826 Posts
the polish ones are ABS plastics and they do fit properly as there is a guy that drives around with a set of them here and the only reason i new it was fake was because Iooked at them too long... then started to spot little differences but you almost couldn't spot it ( for instance the grilles where oem ones but they pushed out the bumper grill holes a bit but like i said I was looking for too long )

·
Registered
42 Posts
ahh really ? i thought the cheap ones from poland was glass? wow how did they get the tooling for ABS injection moulding? there is some clever guys over there..

Agreed the grills are always a fail as well but this looks spot on

·
Registered
19 Posts
looks really good mate, I've got a genuine from bar and i got the washer holes flushed as my 1.6 from aus doesn't have the washer feature :/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.