Take a good hard look...it won't be the same next year [;)]

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

...Mmm, maybe the car will look completely different too...

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote: posted by thechief on 14/09/2004 23:27:37

Does the car run?

Mmmm...runs as well as your imaginary 240 bhp.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Quote: posted by MRK IV on 14/09/2004 23:34:49

Quote: posted by thechief on 14/09/2004 23:27:37

Does the car run?

Mmmm...runs as well as your imaginary 240 bhp.

Edited as im not rising to the bait.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did the pipe and the manifold myself:

Obviously get the additional items and mask over all holes; Start with 120 grit, working all the way up through 200 (use a drill with a sanding disc up to here with a firm grip on the pipe/manifold),400, 800, 1200, 1600, finally to 2000 wet and dry. Spend at least an hour on each grade. It'll still look cack at the end though. Finally finish with Autosol (NOT Autoglym, Peek etc - HAS to be Autosol) - It then comes alive. Keep gong till no more black stuff comes off on your stockingnette polishing rag. Then move to supersoft polishing cloth.

When you think it's as clean as its going to get, pre-heat your oven to 180 and send your other half out of the house. I kid you not - trust me, its easier this way. Bung the metal in the oven for half an hour. What this does is bring any crud that's imbedded in microscopic scratches on the surface. Clean off with spirit (This negates the 'just fitted, first drive, 'OH MY GOD, MY SHINY STUFF HAS GONE GREY!' screams). Obviously let it cool first, but clean when it's still warm, not when it'll burn our skin off.

Finish again with a thin layer of Autosol and a fine polishing cloth. Some people laquer here, but they're Wusses. Job done.

Should easily do it over a weekend.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
What i will say is, the question was meant sympathetically as i read in another thread that your car and Rich's are not currently functional. The power figure in my sig is an estimate by the previous owner based on the 233bhp RR graph before additional mods. Care to remove the banana from your ***?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I wasn't baiting. Merely stating the obvious. What you choose to believe is up to you.

[;)]

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I'll be sure to let you know the results at the next RR day im at. Whether its 240bhp or not im just happy to have a car that runs spot on everyday and is a good bit faster than the old 1.4.

[;)]

·
Registered
342 Posts
Quote: posted by MRK IV on 14/09/2004 23:56:14

I wasn't baiting. Merely stating the obvious. What you choose to believe is up to you.

[;)]

Words Pot and kettle spring to Mind......

·
Registered
342 Posts
Do you see any RR figures in profile do you see any website boasting about this and that etc etc etc fast mk4 golf blah blah blah

i only posted the message because i was a bit shocked to see you of all people have a pop at his RR figures

Its recorded 370 on one RR and 330 on another - i know from how quick it was at Bruntingpgorpe that it compares well to most cars running over 300 bhp even with my crappy 0-60.... Can you say the same ?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Chief - just re-read your post and my most sincere apologies - I've had people taking the P out of me for too long, instead of and because of a certain company's inadequecies and incompetance - So I read your post the wrong way. So in answer to your original question, the car was running perfectly for the last 4 months, but the Turbo stalled a couple of weeks ago. Diagnosed as a faulty Turbo, Warranty claim, end of.

I don't know anything about your car, so excuse my ignorance. If it's running a "KO3S" (whatever that is) and those are the figures that have been quoted to you, then it's for another thread.

Too many people take RR figures as gospel - me, I think they're great for willy-waggling and pub talk. The real test is on the road. As a few M3 and Porsche 996 drivers would attest to, my car is quicker than theirs. Regardless of what a RR says.

Liam, in answer to your last question: Nope. 'night.

(But if you want to kick off, be my guest)

1 - 20 of 65 Posts