Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alrate people, noob here,this is my first post, jus got a mk4 golf 1.4 cheap from me mate a couple ov weeks ago n just baught sum parts for it, seen sum ov urs n they all look simular so im gunna be a bit differnt to stand out at d shows lol, heres the parts iv got so far
rear lights:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-GOLF-MK4-REAR-LIGHTS-LEXUS-RACE-CHROME_W0QQitemZ120027331268QQihZ002QQcategoryZ72248QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

front bumper:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-GOLF-4-MK4-FRONT-BUMPER-IMVG4F003_W0QQitemZ220025445969QQihZ012QQcategoryZ72206QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
spoiler:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-GOLF-MK3-Mk4-KIT-CAR-SPOILER_W0QQitemZ160027226646QQihZ006QQcategoryZ72209QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
rear bumper:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-GOLF-MK4-NEO-REAR-BUMPER-BARGAIN_W0QQitemZ330026495681QQihZ014QQcategoryZ72206QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
side skirts:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-GOLF-MK4-SIDE-SKIRTS-3-5-DOOR_W0QQitemZ220023859285QQihZ012QQcategoryZ72208QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
what you guys think, i thinks its gunna be amazing wen fitted n sprayed cant decide between orange or deep purple
pics to follow wen out of workshop

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also was finkin about a bora front light replacment sure i has seen a blk one here any on gt pics?im well chuffed i have a golf at only 17 haha but only got it for 1500

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Firstly, welcome to the forum, but mate, don;t want to discourage u or anything and am no way having a go, but people on here will just laugh at those on a car, not saying I will, but subtlety is what the majority of the members beleive in, BUT that said u will have a golf which looks different and there are those that think the whole sticking to OEM ++ is killing the scene as we get more and more clones and few truly original cars, I think if u lost the lexus lights and the picnic table from the top then it might look ok, especially in a deep dark colour, perhaps with Hella smoked rear lights?

What alloys are u thinking of? (please don't say Audi A8 reps, lol)

Anyway, like I say its your car and if u like it then u go enjoy yourself, dubs are great and its nice that we get such a diverse group, just think u should visit a few veedub shows and see what kind of cars people drive, with vw its all about refining an already tidy car, not polishing a turd like u would with a corsa/uno/fiesta (delete as appropriate) and think the spoiler especially is a bit extreme, the front bumper is ok actually would be interesting to c what it looks like in metallic black or deep purple.

Oh, and please don't take offence to anything I have said its meant in good heart.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no probs bro, we will have to see when its winning in shows n get in redline or max pwer as a feature car (thats hat im aiming for) haha, went to vw shows this year n they all looked basic tto me haha

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Ah ,that makes sense, well if u want it for a max feature car then go for it, just not many people on here into that thats all, just letting u know what u might be in for, that said don't know of any heavily moddified vw forums or anything.

I used to be into all the max power thing when I was younger now I go for the Audi s-line style sports look, although would love fast and furious style rx7 or supra in the garage just for kicks, lol.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
no probs bro, we will have to see when its winning in shows n get in redline or max pwer as a feature car (thats hat im aiming for) haha, went to vw shows this year n they all looked basic tto me haha
then in your view most of the cars on this forum are basic

im not going to have a go or give my opinion on your choosen mods etc but i will say this, your not going to have many people like your car.

that said it is your car and not mine or anyone else's so you enjoy it

·
Registered
79 Posts
Barrys cars is classic. Modifying is not just about sticking on as many bits as you can, but if you like them then that's cool.

·
Registered
305 Posts
kiz lookin at your car in pics and stuff and why would yo do up a bora?
We're not being rude or confrontational about your choice of mods, or the fact that you constantly speak in txt tlk, so please don't be rude about our cars. As has been said here, and as I would have thought you could appreciate, modifying a car is something personal to you, done in a way you choose. If you want to make a great car (Bora) look even better, why shouldn't you? Live and let live
Oh and by the way, i think your car's going to look shocking.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
lol im not slaging all ur cars off as ive not seen them im sure they are great, i was just talking about kiz's bora n the blk golf with wat luks like a bora lights on n mirrors as wheels it from annother post it looked basic

·
Registered
206 Posts
go for it , just so i can laugh my t**ts off when i see the photos.

thanks for letting me know i have a really basic car along with the rest of us.[*-)]. noob.

·
Registered
742 Posts
lol im not slaging all ur cars off as ive not seen them im sure they are great, i was just talking about kiz's bora n the blk golf with wat luks like a bora lights on n mirrors as wheels it from annother post it looked basic
well mate when you go to specsavers and notice how bad the stuff you are putting on your car then come back and tell me what you think of my car!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
go for it , just so i can laugh my t**ts off when i see the photos.

thanks for letting me know i have a really basic car along with the rest of us.[*-)]. noob.
i didnt say ur car was basic i sed the black golf wiv bora front was basic
i will be at edition38 thingy nxt year n sud be able to win show n shine

1 - 20 of 85 Posts