1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again, was on here a while back with my 1.4 mkiv

That one didnt end so well unfortunately so i ended up getting a 106gti

Then followed by an Audi A3.

And now after years of dreaming ive finally managed to secure myself this DBP 3Dr R32 - im so happy with it, only one picture for now until the weather's nice enough to get out and take some photos.

finally understanding the addiction to that V6 noise!

Wont be changing much with this one, gonna get a Mk5 rear wiper and sharan badge, front badge has now been carbon fibred and im on the look out for standard wheels (to be coated gunmetal) to replace the 19" ones it came with!

Once things start moving on i'll be making a build thread.

Cheers!

Ryan

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers guys, yeah the colour is stunning - cant wait for a nice day to give it a proper polish. at the minute theres some 'mania racing' 19" mirage or something like that. not completely sure! but theyre too big for cornwall and its potholes. the last thing i want is a buckled wheel or a flat after ive just bought it!

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Nice one Ryan !! Your love the r they are awesome I remember you from the 1.4 crew :)

take care and look forward to the updates on the r :) !!

cheers Ryan

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah man had to start somewhere didn't we! took me a few steps but im finally here. im completely in love with it at the mo, had it in my head that i'd only be keeping it for a year and then making way for an e46 M3. i cant see that happening to be honest!

mbgti, ha. ive been looking for a while for one and then this cropped up on autotrader. rung him up and wen tto see it the weekend after - was in wolverhampton so had to battle through every single element before collecting it - my mate who gave me the lift up was unlucky enough to get his e30 stuck in the snow. it pleased me to see this pulling up all four wheels spinning!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gave her a quick clean tonight but unfortunately just another same angle photo. ill get out and be a bit more experimental with photos of easter weekend

also an old photo of my friends punto abarth in the flood a while back (this thread will be updated with random photos too!)

and the tamar bridge in plymouth/cornwall in the morning we set off 5am to collect the car

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bad me for triple posting

few more angles of the car from when i washed it earlier

i'll add photos to instagram more than i do this so find me @burkinson

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah mate, completely agree. Just stuck in that position of selling these and then being left without anything while I find new ones!

mania racing mirage or something! Not completely sure but I've got the receipt for them in the history.

Ill be sure to get more photos soon. Got next week off work so ill be spending alot of time with the car!

cheers

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Been upto a few things whil eive had the week off work

Mk5 Rear wiper (also bought a sharan badge but they sent the wrong sized one)

Set about making an OEM sub install, its fitted but haven't gone about creating an airtight box for it yet. i'm happy with the sound for now so wont be touching it for a bit.

The amp will be moved into the spare wheel well soon

Gave her an autoglym

And then my two loves together

Had to go to my mates farm to try and undo a cross threaded strut top mount bolt as it wasnt tightened properly - looks like some mechanic decided to just impact gun it on without checking it was threaded properly, no luck as of yet so its off to the garage next week.

all taken on my iphone so nothing special!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
pretty sure this isnt even being watched anymore so i'll try once more before leaving!

sharan badged the rear at the weekend

looks alot nicer now i reckon

still desperately trying to source genuine r32 wheels if anyone has or knows of any going. just missed a set on ebay :(

·
Registered
414 Posts
'Sweet car mate best color for an .:R imo. Where abouts in cornwall you in? Good choice to source original wheels i think they suit best. Looking good so far
'

·
Registered
821 Posts
We were probably bidding against each other! I'm on the lookout for some genuine R32 wheels too. And you'll have even further than me to travel to pick them up!!!

·
Registered
821 Posts
Oh, and forgot to add - lovely looking car!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Cheers everyone for the comments, nice to finally get some interest in it!

ive had a look on r32oc a few times but get a bit fed up with the way the classifieds are laid out, would much prefer if they had a wheels section!

I'm in liskeard so not too far from plymouth! gonna start heading that way for a few meets i think.

and fatben we probably were! i just missed out on a set go buy it now for 300 quid last night because i decided to wait for a reply from another seller. kicking myself about it!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.