Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has been stolen. It was stolen from Goals carpark in Dartford today at 11.59am. The utter t****r was caught on cctv.
I know its a long shot but any info or sightings would be very handy. Golf GTI TURBO Reg no. GN51 ECT standard except for a UK-MKIVS sticker in the rear window, bottom left.

Cheers for listening.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Nightmare! I know it's probably little confort to you, but at least they have it on camera so hopefully they will catch the merchant bankers before too long.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Really sorry to hear about this mate. I live in Thamesmead so i ll look out for the number plate.

Are the police on the case then?!

·
Knows nothing about cars, even less about Golfs&#3
932 Posts
damn [:(] sorry to hear that m8, will keep a look out for it, in case it comes round M25 to guildford way.

out of interest what colour is it as well?

·
Registered
25 Posts
gutted for ya mate, i live in thamesmead also and am always in dartford for gym etc so will keep an eye out for ya fella. hope you get it back in one piece.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Totally gutted for you mate[:(][:(], I know exactly how you feel[+o(][+o(]. Some little bar stewards nicked mine off the drive last month, luckily enough I got mine back within 24hrs without any damage.

Hope you have the same sort of luck, fingers crossed.

Carl

·
Registered
569 Posts
Hi , Really sorry to here this .. know how it feels ( stomach churning ) ...... never had a car stolen .. but three motercycles [:(] .. .. Just wondering how they got past the factory installed immobilizer ? Hope you get it back , and in OK condition .. Good Luck ... Kev

PS . anyone know of a weak point on the standard immobilizer ? Always thought that even if they got into the car .. the immobilizer would stop them taking it !! ??

·
Registered
487 Posts
Sorry to hear that mate.

Problem is - all cars have weak points which professional theives know about.

Factory fit alarms and immobilisers can only stop opportunists. Alarms and immobilisers can often be defeated from outside the car in a few minutes - theives sometimes go backwards and forwards to a car doing it bit by bit so it's not too obvious.

Also if you think, most cars have computer based immobilisers etc- Someone is likely to have written a master program to add all code combinations to one key. This is why aftermarket security is better.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts