Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yesterday evening down foots cray high street, sidcup at 6pm!!

I was driving from sidcup, and for anyone who knows foots cray high street I was just going over the small hump bridge when I heard a massive crack sound, so I pulled over when I could and me n my boyfriend got out to check the car as we didnt know what had happened.. I had my mum n sister n the back and both mine and my sister's right hear was ringing.. I thought it could of been an air rifle but couldnt see anyone so thought maybe I had run over something.. but couldnt see any damage so got back in the car and went home.

When I got home We checked over the car more closely only to find that I have 3 small stone chip like marks on my rear drivers side window!!

My boyfriend told me he saw a large gang of black youths (about 18-20yrs old) hiding in some bushes but didnt want to tell me at the time as he knows what my temper is like and he thought that I might get shot for real by going to confront them..

Thing is by the time I got home the youths would of been long gone and the police are useless in my area, so I did ponder about ringing the police but what good would it of done as it would of been to late then..

But anyway its a good job my sister had her window up otherwise with the force that thing hit my window I recon someone could of been seriously hurt or dead, also if i was driving slightly slower, my window was open and I would of got hit straight in the head, and could of possably of killed me!

So people that drive around that area becarefull as there is a bunch of d!ckheads around who have a new toy to play with and by judging things arnt scared of shooting at people!!

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Holy crap! [:|]

There are some f*%^&$ up people out there.

I can be very hot tempered in such situations but if you know they have a gun I wouldn't even think about it. I once met car to car down a quiet village high street leaving work one day, car facing me was some Land Rover Defender type thing, he was about to enter the street as I was leaving, but wouldn't budge, so I didn't move either (I had my 6+ foot rugby player and soon to be policeman colleague in the passenger seat so felt relatively safe). Then the meat head passenger of this other car got out and came over, screaming that his car didn't have reverse gear (WTF?), then starting banging on my windows (which makes a very effective sound inside I can tell you). This really made my blood boil and I was tempted to reverse over him, but he may have had a gun, and I didn't want to be late for college or scratch my rear bumper so thought better of it. At the end of the day it's better to avoid confrontation where possible, even the world's top martial artists will tell you that. You just don't know if the other person is armed or has a bunch of goons around the corner ready to pile into you.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Sorry to here about that sugar. Iv seen you a few times drivin down death hill near brands hatch. I often drive around sidcup so thanks for the warning, there seems to be way to many "little thugs" around these days that need to be shot themselfs. Expect a story in the sidcup newspaper soon about a nice little young boy that was shot for no reason, only he wasn't a nice little boy and he got shot in a "gang" shoot out over nothing.

Different day, same s**t.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I would ring and report it to the Police as it could help the Police prevent a further incident when a serious injury could be caused.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah your right shiuming, you never know if people are tooled up or not now days!!

one_eight_turbo, I dont think ive spotted you yet lol but if iam coming down death hill iam usually looking at all the little bunny's hopping by the side of the road as i go flying past them lol [:$] but your right as well, this country is getting more like the USA with gang related crimes/fighting

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would ring and report it to the Police as it could help the Police prevent a further incident when a serious injury could be caused.
Do you think its a bit too late to ring them now or not tho??

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
To tell you the truth best thing is to avoid these things.. around the areas that my mates live small heath/alum rock/sparkhill.. there is a lot of gun crime and the coppers dont want to come out as they are scared themselves as there are some wreckless people out there who will kill for the sake of it... But good to hear that no one was hurt.. and trust me i know all about bad tempers as i have one lol... i won't give up if i get pissed off... like y.day i was in traffic on a dual carriage way and there was about a car gap in front of me out of the 2nd lane another golf owner runs his car in at 20mph and just literally misses my car (i actually thought he had scraped my car).. i got really peeved off and i saw a gap in the 2nd lane so i jumped in.. and then parked my car at an angle in front of the guys in the golf.. i jumped out of my car as i was in a hot temper.. if my cousin wasnt there i don't know what i would of done... as he just tried to grab me and semi control me.. but you should of seen the faces on the chavs as they were gonna cry then they started saying sorry sorry... etc.. so i just got back in and drove off after a few mouthfulls about if you'd had hit my car..... (rant over)

Sat [y]

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Of course it's not too late, often it takes a while to get over the shock. Do it [Y]

·
Registered
873 Posts
lol women ay! So your flying down a big hill and not looking at the road? lol. Maybe if i do spot you again i wont flash, it might distract you from looking at the cute little bunny's [:p].

There seems to be more and more of them little critters everyday, even though hundreds of them get plastered by cars.

I think bunny's most be extremely religious, every time they see a bright light they just walk towards it, well...... hop towards it. One things for sure though, it does send them to heaven!

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Give me a slighter better description and I will remove them from the equation why use a gun when your hands make much more effective weapons.

I had a similar situation to shiuming i was in the right but was the aggresor, two guys and there girlfriend got all cocky until I started to get out of my car walk up to there window went for the door to have a word and got the rubbish back and door locked.

Dont live your life in fear of other people become the fear instead much better way to live.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Dont waste your time with the police. All you will end up doing is wasting hours of your time on a statement that will be filed away and forgotten about.

Even if they do manage to get them, they wouldnt be allowed to prosecute anyone as it would be against their human rights as gun weilding criminal tossers.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dont waste your time with the police. All you will end up doing is wasting hours of your time on a statement that will be filed away and forgotten about.

Even if they do manage to get them, they wouldnt be allowed to prosecute anyone as it would be against their human rights as gun weilding criminal tossers.
Thats what I thought, if i had relised what had happened when I pulled over I would of dialled 999 then, but now it will be a writen statement, that will be filed away and i'll get another one of those useless crime numbers lol

as for the bunny rabbit thing, I do watch the road, I also watch the bunny's as well lol one ran out infront of my boyfriends car, he has a silvia which has got a fibreglass bodykit that just about survived on the car from japan, but this HUGE bunny ran out and hit the side of his bumper!, I was behind him in my car and saw the bunny fly in the air and land on the grass [:'(] I stopped and checked the bunny wasnt in any pain but it was clearly dead, but it has caused £200 worth of damage to the bumper as it cracked even more and popped it off the side clips!

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Hours of your time for what. Another crime statistic and no outcome...

And the police wonder why people can't be bothered to give their time and statements.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Do it. I reported a racially motivated assault on monday morning, that I witnessed on sunday evening. Something may have been caught on CCTV.

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
Hello

If it was a gun it would have left a distinctive mark. Obviously a .22 would have zipped right through the car but you say they were like stone chips. If the marks are clear enough can you take a close up pic and post them. A air rifle leaves a very distinct sort of mark so i could probably tell you if it was a pellet mark or not. Also it could have been ball bearings which although they don't leave a mark they'll break glass differently (yes my childhood involved lots of shooting with an air rifle). The pellet will hit the glass and you can see a larger 'mark' on the opposite side from impact so you get like a cone shaped breakage into the glass where as a ball bearing can cause a crack or chip but it won't be uniform and very rarely leaves a round mark.

Baz

·
Registered
26 Posts
sorry to hear bout ur experiance sugar!!!

i do agree there are
to manystupid gangsta wannabee w'@kers around these days. i recently
had a encounter with idiots, wot happened was i was driving bout with
m8s and sum twat in a black seat cupra r started to get rowdy on the
road and cut me up a good few times then when i stoped got sooooooooo
peeved off got out ma car and started walking up to the [email protected]*ckers car
but to my suprise he got out of his car with a craicket bat and started
smacking ma car which lead to round 2Ks wort of damage. as i live in
woodford theres not so many cupra Rs around so i knew which 1 went
mental so couple of days l8r lets jus say he wont be going n e where so
quickly with all four tyres slashed andno windows! HEHEHE.

i say line them all up and shoot them.

POLICE ARE A WASTE OF TIME.

p.s sorry bout long story

1 - 20 of 33 Posts