Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm just a post whore when it comes to my car i know.

i'm just proud of not having a pink car.[:p]

·
Registered
179 Posts
Car looked great!

I was there on Sunday, the stand was one of the best there, all the cars looked even better in real life. Even my lass said so and shes not into cars (she drives a mirca for gods sake, lol!).

One thing I dont understand is why leave the "car bra" on. A lot of cars on stands left them on. I know why you have them on the move, but why when not moving? Just wondered.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi mate.

kept the bra on as had problems with the new bonnet i've got so couldn't fit it and the one that was on the car didn't have the notch smoothed out so left the bra on to hide it.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I just dont get the car bra thing? It dosn't make the car look better - or is it just because you really dont want any stone chips? But still, if you leave the bra on at shows, then whats the point of having a tione chip free front end anyway?

I dunno, i just dont understand hiding the front of a wicked car under a bit of dodgy black plastic sheeting....

:)

edit - just read the other posts - explains it better - but i still wouldnt put one on my car, ever... ;)

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
nice pics posty whore.

had to laugh at one of the pics where i was rubbing my eyes coz of my bad hayfever. Man i was bad that day.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Car bras rock man!!! Anyone agree?
Funnily enough I had always really disliked them but after seeing them on more cars and on this one at the weekend, I think even I am turned!

Probably helps that it goes with the black & silver theme going on anyway, or maybe it's just the feel of it [;)]

·
Registered
179 Posts
hi mate.

kept the bra on as had problems with the new bonnet i've got so couldn't fit it and the one that was on the car didn't have the notch smoothed out so left the bra on to hide it.
Oh I see. I did see a few cars there with the notch showing, it was'nt pritty. Probably best to hid it.

Car looked good anyway!

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks for the comment everybody.

@mike...you really were bad on the saturday felt bad for ya!

@cat...so i've managed to convert you into liking pvc bra's[;)]

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Awesome car Jason. Having seen it in the metal at Ultimate Dubs, I know how stunning it is. Looks as if its come straight off Votex, especially with the new bumper side markers.

Whats that on your wing mirrors? Looks like a protective cover?

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
they are "inovite" got them off ebay brand new for ?300.they came with black spoke and polished dish.

there are some on ebay at the moment for ?395(think)by it now. try a search for 18" dtm wheels.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts