1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies to all who PM'd me. I will reply asap. I've had a change of
heart and want to sell the car as a whole. Anyone any ideas what she's
worth?

VW Bora PD150 (Reg'd May 2003). 57k miles. Anthracite.

Climate Control

Heated leather and alcantara seats

Front and rear armrest

OEM Folding Mirrors + window motors

OEM Sat Nav

R32 interior trim

R32 Steering wheel

R32 Gear Knob

R32 Pedals and dead pedal

Cruise Control

Porsche 332mm front brakes 4pot, drilled and grooved discs

288mm rear brakes, drilled and grooved discs

Konigsport coilovers

Eibach Anti Roll Bars

Dieselgeek quick shift

REVO Remap

02M Peloquin LSD

Sachs race clutch

Poweflex Bushes all round

Full Milltek exhaust

1000/1 JL Audio

12W7 JL Audio

JL Audio 300/4

JL Audio XR650-CXi

JL Audio XR650-CSi

OEM TV Tuner

OEM 6 CD Changer - Boot

OEM Xenons - LHD - Useful for Spares

US Jetta GLi taillights

W8 Light and LED interior lights

18" Aristos (R32) with newish Bridgestone S03s

18" Superleggeras with unsafe tyres

Really light tints.

Extras with sale - spare bonnet, spare front bumper and standard
valance. Most of original equipment apart from suspension (brakes,
lights, gear shift, trim).

Thanks for your time. Please someone rescue this car from being
traded in and save me from having to strip it down. It's a one off!

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Stew,

first of all good luck with the sale. A great car that I know has had no expense spared !

Personally, as you are looking to sell the car as is, I would look towards an e-bay listing. You are reaching a wider audience and therefore more likely to find a person whom is after, what most would consider a highly modified car. Someone who will appreciate the chassis and engine upgrades made and is therefore willing to pay the premium.

It would be a shame to see the car go for less value that it is truely worth. I don't have a value in mind, but obviously autotrader should be your first port of call to see the the current value of similar year/model cars.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks 02.

I've had a look around, problem is that she's unique. I don't know what
kind of price range to start in. Any more advice would be great. I
think I'll put it on eBay though.

Cheers

Stew

·
Mk4 for 13 years
993 Posts
[:O][:O][:O][:O][:O]

Hows it going Stew? A truly magnificent vehicle to say the least. Seen the ad in the classifieds earlier and find it hard to take in your getting rid of such a machine. Really have no idea about its value as its very much a one off. You could try to get a bit of interest on the pistonheads website classifieds which will also be better in reaching the correct sort of customer.

Hope all is well and good luck.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi mate, I'm good. Just working hard and off to Edinburgh this weekend
to get drunk with a mate. I'm looking at getting a 350Z or something
around the ?25k region, used. Going to take a day or two off next week
to go play in some fast cars, but it seems I may struggle to get rid of
the bora. I'd be happy if someone came and slapped a cheque in my hand
for ?x and I could walk away. I just can't be doing with the hassle.
I'd trade it in but I doubt anyone will take it because it'll be a pain
in the arse to resell.

Anyway, got your email and glad to hear that you're doing well.

Somebody make me an offer on the car and you get all the spare parts/wheels FREE!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Come on guys, make stew an offer. This is a one off car, and is excellent.  Trust me, i have driven it, if only briefly. 

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Having seen the car I'm buying. My car will be going on eBay tonight. I'm pretty scared in case I don't get as much as I deserve. Please...someone help me think of a starting price and a reserve!

:)

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Ok, to get the most out of your ebay ad you really need to add some more pictures, engine bay, all panels of the car, i.e drivers, passenger side, boot etc etc. interior pics and pics of the audio setup.

Secondly, give some more background information on the car etc.

Pics on ebay are worth everything, its what people use to get an idea of the car. A list of stuff is great, but pics are worth so much more. Also, as your car is unique, why not say you are open to offers? Can always turn people down.

Also, don't be disheartened by the bids. Most bids are people trying to get the car cheap. When I bought my car on ebay, I saw the ad and contacted the seller direct, did not bid to buy the car. Also, just sold my dad's cougar via ebay. It didnt meet its reserve I set, but had 3 people AFTER the auction contact me. One of them drive it away yesterday. All 3 of them never bid and all 3 of them were serious. So you'll find the serious people are the ones who don't bid. The bloke who picked up my dads cougar drove 200 miles to come look at it and take it away an hour later!

What reserve did you set in the end?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't currently have a camera, but going to take some more photos when it gets light tomorrow.

Where would you says "Open to offers"?

At the end of the day, if it doesn't sell, it's not the end of the world. I'll be buying my new car next weekend and I'll end up giving this one to my Dad like my last Bora. Just would be nice to see it go to a good home and save a parking space at the office.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just want rid...it's a cracking car with a garage full of spares to go with it. Noone wants it, very frustrating. But I want my 350z ;)

He is a lucky Dad tho! haha

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
I just want rid...it's a cracking car with a garage full of spares to go with it. Noone wants it, very frustrating. But I want my 350z ;)

He is a lucky Dad tho! haha
Well if you can't get rid, i'll give you 5k for it! [:D]

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Make it 11k and you can have all of the spare parts. But I'll be ripping the audio/boot stuff tho before you pick it up.

Seriously got so much spare stuff. As well as the car.

18" Superleggeras
Bonnet
Bumper and valance

16" alloys
Headlamps
Taillamps
Diff (original)
Brakes (+full TT set IIRC).
Gamma + 6 cd changer
Interior from bora
Shift mechinism
+ more

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, just been to nissan dealer and was offere ?7750 for it. But said
I could take wheels, sounds, mirrors, brakes off and they'd still pay
me ?7750. Something to think about anyway.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Stew, if i was in your position what i would do is buy i car that i dont want but that is easy to sell in a few months. E.g try A1 performance center,

http://www.a1centre.co.uk/14157/a1pc.htm. Buy a subaru, if they give you a good price for your car, then sell it in a few months. You would be trading a modified car to a Performance dealer for a starndard Scooby or somthing. Which would probably be easier to sell after you have had it for a few months. Just another angle to work from.

·
Mk4 for 13 years
993 Posts
Thats what I meant to mean when I said a dealer/trade in would ignore all the mods. You could boost your balance by taking those bits at least off and selling them on (via here probably). I do understand its a mess on and can see why you want to avoid it though. I personally could not be bothered either!

Will you be staying on here as an occasional visitor and posting pics of the nissan or migrating to a nissan forum?

[:)]

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
All being well, I'll be posting some pics next week. I'm not expecting eBay to yield any results. Going to speak to mechanic tomorrow, take off mirrors, brakes, wheels, sounds and then trade the rest in. Bully them to 8k. Then sell the rest, MAYBE, or give it to someone special because I just want shot. Better bring a van though!

·
Registered
703 Posts
Its tempting to swap my car with yours!

Hope you get the price and 350Z you want.

I remember when you had just got the bora and I was looking to sell mine... i see you managed to get xenons on anyway...

If your selling some parts then I might be interested, and if your giving anything away then :)

regards,

Inaam

1 - 20 of 29 Posts