Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Some of the regualrs on the forum might recognise this car as I bought it off a forum member a couple of weeke ago. The first thing I did was to get the rear brakes and front top mounts changed as I found one of the top mounts had actually been put on upside down! Anyway that was sorted anfd the next port of call was a trip to VW Mania in Belgium, the cars first show in my posession. I have to say she was absolutely faultless and got me and my girlfriend over there no problem at all.

Immediate plans are to fit my new number plates - G60PB, transferred from my Corrado (should get the paperwork through soon, OK I know they aren't relevant to the car but they do include my initials and I don't like the idea of seeing someone elses car with my reg number on it, unless the right amount of cash is offered of course ;)) Fit a new undertray and a 4motion front valance. Hopefully once the Corrado has been sold I'll be investing in some coilovers as I really don't like the ride with lowered springs and standard shocks.

Here's some pics

And parked up next to the Corrado :)

Thanks for looking :)

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Lovely tidy motor you got there, bet you are happy with it.

Is that the Staples in Willenhall on one of the pics?

Got any other plans for it? Ill look out for you now

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[Y] yup it sure is the Staples in Willenhall. I only live 5 mins down the road from there [:)]

Seems there's quite a few midlanders on here, are there any meets or anything? I go to a meet in West Brom on the first monday of every month, been going for about 7-8 years now. Its sometimes pretty busy but seems to have died down a little now so you only get the regulars. I pass through Cannock every day jrw as I work in Rugeley I'll keep a look out for you. There's a couple of decent cars I've noticed on my works car park, a silver V5 Bora with german plates and a lowered silver mk4, I work at JCB Cabs in Rugeley.

Troll, if you wanna get together for some photo's I'll be happy to do so [:)]

Bit more on the spec of the car. It's a TDI sport so it's 115bhp, 6 spped box, full leather trim, winter pack, DSP, lowered on H7R springs, Audi RS6 reps, GLI rear lights, window tints and thats about it I think.

http://www.forums-elite1000.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4081&PN=1 Pictures and a story behind our recent trip to VW Mania can be found here. We also have a bit of a meet in Stoke on 3rd wednesday of the month, althoughh it will move to sundays in the winter.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Paul, be ace to get some photos together, me and Goof have been planning this for quite a while now with nothing achieved [:p] So maybe Goof could pop along too?

A while back i started a thread about ideas for meet in the Midlands and it got about 2 hits :D

How do you find the ride on your wheels? Does the car tramline or anything? Im looking for bigger wheels but i dont want to compromise the ride i have at the moment.

·
Registered
857 Posts
lovely looking Bora, love the wheels and those rear lights, are they standard, cant remember seeing them on other Boras?

I work down Neachells lane just round the corner from that staples [Y]

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not noticed any defects in the handling with these wheels on. I've not driven a stock Bora but my old chap had an Audi A4 TDI (130bhp) and now he's got a Seat Toledo TDI so both of those are quite close, the Seat more so. The ride is firm and you have to be a bit more wary of bumps in the road and kerbs but thats the price of style I guess lol! It doesn't tramline at all, not like a Corrado with 9x16's [;)]

Surprised there wasn't more takers for a meet in the Midlands, there is a fair few midlands based folk on here. The FLOG meet in Lichfield every Thursday is pretty good though and so is the E1K meet in Stoke (Only coz my g/f and her brother run it [;)])

Reckon we could get a couple of us together for a bit of a photoshoot, maybe Golfzzin and GOOF will be up for it. I like the thread on Ed38 about your car golfzzin, looks sweet [:)]

Took a few more pics yesterday afternoon after a good 4 hour cleaning session. Got he Scratch X out to try and polish out some of the scratches then gave it a coat of Zymol (The cheap stuff from Halfords), came up pretty good I reckon.

Thanks for all the comments [:)]

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Alright Paul[Y]Nice and shiny mate.Do like them wheels.I think they suit a Bora more than a Golf.

I'm still up for a photoshoot with you guys,just don't think my cars up to your guys standard at the mo!!!! Troll had a great idea about a shoot on Bobbington airport.That would make a great backdrop.[:D]

GOOF72

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
How about we sort something out for this weekend? Open for ideas.... maybe get a seperate thread started too....if all else fails us 3 can meet at staples lol

Problem with Bobbington...i think it could be a bit difficult to get close to planes unless we blast through onto the runway through security ! Note they have police copter on site [6]

Pics look ace Paul, where are they taken at?

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I'm gonna be the only Golf in a sea of Bora's lol! Any Golf takers?

How's about Himley park? Nice scenery plus i know the groundman[:D]

GOOF

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Problem with Bobbington...i think it could be a bit difficult to get close to planes unless we blast through onto the runway through security ! Note they have police copter on site [6]
It wont be the first time German machinery has "blasted" a British runway![:p]

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If you want planes, how about RAF Cosford? Not too far away, just a quick blast up the M54. You used to be able to get in for nothing, although I'll need to check

Not sure about this weekend, I'm going to a wedding on Saturday and might be busy on Sunday....its a bit up in the air yet.

The pics at the bottom were taken at Boscobel House which is just down the road from my parents house. Makes a nice back drop I think [:)] I think I've taken pics of my last 3 cars there!

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Himley, great idea., 2 mins up the road from here..... Nice one @ jrw. Isnt it a bank holiday monday this weekend coming ? Goof...id look for a Bora front end mate.

Once us 4 have a date confirmed ill post a thread just for anymore unknowns out there.

Theres Baggeridge country park near Sedgley.....home to a nice car park out of the way and ....Baggeridge brick... No tricks though as the rangers are on guard.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts