Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi people i joined bout 7weeks ago not done much posting and getting involed

i no there are some really nice cars on here and mine comes not even close but thought id do a little right hope you lot dont mind

right picked this up in jan 11 with 75k with 6 months tax & 12month test for £900 didnt have many plains for it just alloys and little bits

when i picked it up and got home

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

then i got some 18"alloys

Posted Image

fitted fly eyes kit

before

Posted Image

after

Posted Image

wasnt happy with the paint work and the bodywork had some dents then i went onto smoothing the bumpers and then one thing lead to another as you can see

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

then fitted some 20mm h&r spacers

before

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/gti_dan_2006/ae81bf76.jpg

after

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/gti_dan_2006/7a7af006.jpg

just awaiting coilovers and to be sprayed now

more pics to come

·
Vag addict
5,480 Posts
wow ! proper work going on in here ! looks hard as nails in it's current state !

you going badgeless up front ? I think it would look weird with a badge if the rest of the car is all shaved.

·
Jetta family.
911 Posts
Awesome!![Y] Also £900 with that condition etc..... BARGAIN!! Subscribed to this! How easy was it for them to smooth the bumpers, as i'm thinking of getting it done?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
unitzero thanks yeah badgeless grill fitted 2day and bonnet smoothed over

SJW_VW thanks again for the comment bumpers wasnt to hard to do just abit of plastic welding and fillering all work done by myself

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks gd dude! Love home brew build threads much more inspiring!
thanks

just a little update didnt get that much done today[:mad:] but got the car in primer

sorry about the photos not a good camera on phone

Posted Image

just been primed

Posted Image

if i get time will topcoat tomorrow

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
This looks ace [:D]

Will be interested to see how it comes out with you painting it yourself. What kind of experience do you have with painting stuff?

I have a spray gun and compressor.. but have only had limited success. I tend to struggle painting anything bigger than maybe a numberplate. I always screw up the clear coat!

Anyway, looking good!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hi to tell you the truth i dont have that much experience just trial and error really o and watching alot of how to vids on spraying

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
right car has now been painted not the best paint job still needs taking back abit and mopping but getting there slowly thought i would post some pics up

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

just got to finish paint work and fit coilover tomorrow

thinking bout doin wheels white what do you lot think good or bad idea (or if someone could photoshop and make the wheels white that would be great)

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Looks good that [Y]

Yeh, white wheels would be good, go with the roof and mirrors!

Hows the finish on the paint? I always got really grainy lacquer when i tried to paint bumpers etc.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts