Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally taken some quick pics, will take some proper pictures soon when ive had my wheels refurbed, ill also take some pics of the engine bay after ive installed the Stage 2 TurboDynamics Turbo, Peloquin LSD, S3 Lower Strut and a Stealthy Sparco Upper Strut Brace.

I'll also take some interior pics once ive taken delivery of my new car mats, I must take one of the Yarrowsport Upper Rear strut brace too, meanwhile:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Comments welcome [:D]

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Ah right its just the front that you can upgrade using R32 callipers & discs, gotcha! Does that mean it exceeds the 70/30 brake balance then?

Any pics of your ECS's then?
Sem has the R32 fronts and they bolt straight on. He did a neat job, painted the calipers red etc.

My brake bias is just fine. Fronts are ECS 2v2 332mm 4-pots hehehe [8-|]

I'll try and host some pics when I get a mo later and pop them up on the thread. www.ecstuning.com has details too.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks dibs350, im hoping to get between 225 & 230bhp with about 440Nm of torque, the clutch ive got can tolerate up to 450Nm and the oem 1.8T dog-bone mount upgrade should compliment this and the LSD. Followed by fitting the Upper and Lower struts it should tighten things up at the front end.

James - fantastic looking brakes, im pretty sure they perform well too?

·
Mk4 for 13 years
993 Posts
Cracking pics and a cracking car.  What exactly have you got for the ipod setup to the sat nav and how is it operating? Does the ashtray lid close over the ipod? Wouldnt mind doing that to mine it looks the biz!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Diesel: Thanks, ive got the OEM ipod kit available from VW or Ebay, basically if i divide the total number of songs on the ipod by 5, and then create 5 playlists, on the sat nav screen it uses cd1 as playlist 1 and so on.. and cd 6 is all of the songs on the ipod. The ipod sits perfectly where it photographed, unfortunately the ashtray lid doesnt close over the ipod, that doesnt matter since i dont keep the ipod in the car when im not in it.

Hope that helps.

James: Thanks, well it seemed a good idea since im well on the way to the potential 230bhp setup, should have my turbo back from TD tomorrow, LSD is on its way from the USA [:D]

Had to have a bracket fabricated to fit on the shocks to hold the brake pipe in place, otherwise it would fail its MOT if it was dangling loose!

Sorted the "check brakes" warning now, chopped the brake pad sensor off the old pads and plugged it back in and connected the two wires togther and cable-tied it out the way - Job Done [:D]

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My re-worked turbo arrived from Turbo Dynamics today, it was a spare one that i got off ebay and only had 40k miles on it, it was in mint condition but as you can see it looks like brand-new after TD have worked on it, i swear its as clean as a whistle, not a single spec of anything on it, if the performance is as good as it looks then all i can say is its well worth the money, enjoy:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
811 Posts
This is going to be one tasty car when its mapped up and finished... I love Anni's, and with sat nav and cruise you got a big spec one too.

Wish I had that stuff in my car [:(]

Get some more arty shots of the car up cos I dont think you've done it justice yet!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi Tim, i cant wait for it to be finished, thanks for the comments too [:D]

Dont worry, the shots of the turbo were taken by ny girlfriend who's invested in an SLR camera and is a want-to-be photographer so watch this space [:D]

Got new car-mats on the order, just waiting for the Peloquin LSD to arrive form the states and ill wack in the turbo, strut braces, LSD and its just a matter of getting it mapped [6]

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.