Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Thursday myself and my b/f left Worcester at silly o clock and headed down to Thurrock in Essex where I had the Schrick 264° cams I bought ages ago fitted to the R32 at Big Boys Toys.

Posted Image

Posted Image

"While u wait fitting" had a whole new meaning as we had to amuse ourselves for the whole day (dropped car at BBT at 7am!) - there's only so many shops you can visit at Lakeside shopping centre you know [:cool:]. Shaun from BBT reflashed the ECU with Revo stage II code to suit the mods carried out on the car (Cams,hi-flow cats,full Milltek,K+N filter). We were impressed with the BBT staff,all very friendly and obvious enthusiasts,one of the guys had a sweet stock looking mk1 with 1.8T power running on G60 steelies. Drive home was interesting,car has a lot more mid range grunt and top end sparkle [:D][H][au]

The car is pretty much sorted performance-wise now for me. It really is more responsive especially mid-range between 3,000 & 4,000 rpm. It pulls like a train in any gear at any speed and I had my dad hanging on for dear life going down a motorway sliproad on Friday [:D]. I'm well impressed with it and the service we received at BBT was excellent[Y]

I just need to get it RR'd now to try and get the magical 300bhp figure I want!

·
Super Moderator
3,497 Posts
Oh I wish I'd known. My office is only around the corner...I could have come and erm..erm... said hello? Looked at the car? Guided tour round lakeside?

Sounds like you've got an awesome car there now Claire.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
hi claire

i wish i had known aswell as im only down the road ...

Well ya took it to the right place to have the work done ....Shaun and his team always take care , i always get them to do stuff on mine when its needed

look forward to the results of the rolling road [:D]

·
Registered
228 Posts
Excellent - RR results will be interesting to see.

Have you had you fuel pressureregulator changed?

Is there any reason why you went for 264 and not 268?

And, did you spend more in Blue Water than at BBT?

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is 300bhp realistic with those mods, Claire ?
Going by other people who have had the same/similar mods I've seen figures ranging between 300 and 308bhp, so hopefully yes!

Excellent - RR results will be interesting to see.

Have you had you fuel pressureregulator changed?

Is there any reason why you went for 264 and not 268?

And, did you spend more in Blue Water than at BBT?
No I haven't, just went for the basic REVO Stage 2 and fitting of cams. I bought the 264's because I bought them off someone else for a good price so I didn't have any choice which ones I bought!

I didn't spend a penny in Bluewater....I went to Lakeside[;)] I did buy a few things but nothing that wasn't on my list because I knew I had a big bill at the end of the day!

I wish BBT were "just down the road" for me - they're about 170 miles away[:(]

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
excellent - wasn't being cheeky - just getting old and confused so can't remember your previous RR figures....

Looks like you need to move house then. They always need ambulance drivers in Essex - its dog rough[:p] ( ducks and runs [;)] )

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Previous RR figure was 200bhp at the wheels which we "roughly" worked out to be 269 at the flywheel.  Whether the latest mods will get me another 30 though is anyones guess.  I'm only going on other people's results.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Previous RR figure was 200bhp at the wheels which we "roughly" worked out to be 269 at the flywheel. Whether the latest mods will get me another 30 though is anyones guess. I'm only going on other people's results.
Don't suppose anybody has the engineering profile for the Schrick Cams....a mate of mine works for a motorsport engine builder and has offered to rattle a set off

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Would there really be 69 bhp tranmission loss. i know the haldex unit kills some of the power.. but is it really that much?? (just curious)

Thanks Sat [y]

edit.. thats nearly 26% tranmission loss.. [:eek:]

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Would there really be 69 bhp tranmission loss. i know the haldex unit kills some of the power.. but is it really that much?? (just curious)

Thanks Sat [y]

edit.. thats nearly 26% tranmission loss.. [:eek:]
It usually more... the cars I've seen on the rollers TT, S3 and 32 have all been nearer 90hp loss.... 60-70hp loss is more like Scooby loss as they're full time 50/50 mechanical split rather than Haldex type...

Would you be better off going for a custom map now especailly with cams rather than Revo? just a thought if your looking at the 300+ club?

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Sounds good. What is the difference between the two cams noted above?

It would be interesting know performance difference on this over what it was previously. As I recall on the 1/4 thread for the pod some time back, you got 14.5 seconds at mid 90'smph and I remember seeing you beat an S3 in doing so. With 30bhp more, you should be looking at low 14's @ around 100mph.

Might consider this bunch for any further tuning work on my car as my previous tuner have been backward in coming forward with the information I wanted for the bigger turbo.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Tabs has had a 13.9 before with just a remap and exhaust at the pod. I will admit the fuel was not pump and could burn you nose hear from just a sniff but it was circa 300bhp.

So if you launch it like a loon you should be fine as everthing else is a piece of piss just dont expect your clutch to thank you for it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts