Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been meaning to take some pictures since fitting the wheels on saturday the car has only a 30-35mm drop and I'm not sure if I want it to go any lower (not 100% sure) at the moment the side skirts need refitted as the bodyshop did them wrong and put them on crooked

sorry about the quality of the pics as I am suffering from the flu or something at the moment, so they were taken rather quickly. I will take better ones and re-post as soon as I feel better

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Very nice too! Loving the first picture, that thing behind your car looks like something that should be scrapped now [:D]

(hoping it's not yours aswell!!)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Fantastic looking car! Looking forward to more pics! Any plans for the
alu anni interior? Real inspiration for me as I'm looking to go down
the anni kit route in the future.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Ahh!!!

A man after my own heart! Do your 19's rub????

My ch's are rubbing on the inside of my arches[:'(]

Also do you have the ireland sat nav disc???

Cheers

Martyn

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I think the wood trim must go although I don't think I can afford it at the moment (driveway needs sealed and back garden needs paved cause the dog now has it looking like the trenches during the war)

and no the Fungus is not mine bought a couple of weeks ago by my neighbour who has a very poor taste in cars but its excellent by his usual standards and he loves it

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
that looks really sweet! those wheels finish is of a treat! colour looks pukka and all those lovely toys on the inside too! very nice [H][H]

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Martyn no they don't rub but yours is more likely lower than mine, I haven't got a NI disc yet so the only thing I see is the arrow going across the M3 bridge over the lagan on my way to work in the morning, but it's spot on with the accuracy of that, I have also set a flag point in my garage and it always points to home on the FIS (even though it can't show me a map of how to get there) and tells me at night when I drive into it "You have reached your destination"

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Cheers m8... I am trying to get hold of a Ireland disc ATM...

The sat nav is a brilliant toy to play with[<:eek:)]

Looks like I am going to have to get my arches rolled, or get the angle grinder out[:|]

·
Registered
479 Posts
How about fitting the correct all red TDI badge so people know what they've been overtaken by. I really think the GTI badge should have been saved for the 1.8T only.... 1.8, 2.0 and TDIs ashould have been GTs IMO.

The car looks very smart indeed btw.

·
Registered
193 Posts
i was sitting wrecking my dome saying to myself TIW30 - i know that plate from somewhere, and then i scroll on down and see the shittybeat radio station on, and know it must be a car from home (as in Norn Iron) [:$]

car looks class mate, wheels are amazing looking, but like others have said - wooden trim = [+o(] hows about trying a cheap fix, and remove it, prime it and spray it black or something, or a great one i've heard about is remove all offending pieces, and take them to someone who does vehicle graphics - normally some of them carry very good aluminium style heavy stickers which i'm sure could be trimmed and fitted nicely by them!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Big Pimp yes I am local to you from Lisburn in fact as for City beat sorry it comes with age. I have saw a number of threads about covering the wood trim and how to cover it on the cheap but I like things to be right so its all of the real thing or nothing so it will have to wait unless you know anyone who wants 17" alloys as listed in my signature, a Miltek 4 motion style exhaust or 2 genuine Anniversary bodykits in primer I just happen to have sitting here LOL

As for the badge it was on the car when new and I have saw no need to remove it as my opinion is that as expressed by me on earlier threads on the subject a Diesel has more right to bear the injection moniker than a petrol as Diesels will not operate and never have without injection systems (Sorry that's not meant to upset anyone just my opinion)

by the way I also think an all red TDI badge would look pretty cr*p on a red car

Sorry for not answering your question Big Pimp the clocks are Bora sport or Anniversary Golf one with full FIS

·
Registered
193 Posts
lisburn - sweet - i'm from newcastle direction myself mate! as for the 17s - i have one person in mind, but he's dilly-dallying with my old 18" RS4's. will the miltek fit my PD130 - any pics of it? and PM me a price for the anni kit, as my mate would possibly be interested!

did you buy the clocks from new, or was it good luck you found them? sorry for so many questions, but i love subtle changes, and things like that rank really high on my to do list!!!

hope to see your car at the castlewellan show mate!

ross

1 - 20 of 86 Posts