Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having fitted the R front bumper, the back end just didn't seem to look right with the bumper inserts.

Of I toddled to my local breakers yard returning with a second hand rear bumper in my grubby mit.

I gave it the boys at Bill Sheil Refinishers in Southport who painted the front bumper and this is the result...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The back now looks balanced with the front and as usual the boys from BSR have done a top job.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Well Steve as long as your happy with it[:p][:D]

Does look great, never get sick of looking at this car. Well done mate[Y]

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
that looks fantastic mate [y] you don't hang about do you [:p]

Did they plastic weld it?

ps, I should have the Anni front done for the weekend so I'll get some more pics up [:D]

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did they plastic weld it?
Not too sure Pat, I trusted their experience to do the job right.

These guys work on restorations and have been in the business years so I think its safe to assume they know their stuff.

If any problems do arise I know they'll sort it without hesitation, suffice to say I'm well pleased with the job.

Looking forward to seeing your new front end, it'll look the business.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Y15HAL. The job cost £250 mate, plus the cost of the second hand bumper.

I wanted to keep the original bumper so it can all go back to factory when or if the need arises.

R44MS_K She's not de-locked but that's on my ' To Do ' list.

daflyingfinn. I haven't ruled out sideskirts but I like the less is more look so I won't be wearing a skirt just yet.

I'm snap happy at the moment so here's another one minus the rear wiper for extra smoothability ....

Posted Image

·
Registered
48 Posts
looks good,  but for £250 they would of just thrown filler in there, ouch. that will start to move/sink in a few months, maybe weeks. plastic weld is much more time consuming hence more expensive.i work in the trade so this is how i know.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
looks good, but for £250 they would of just thrown filler in there, ouch. that will start to move/sink in a few months, maybe weeks. plastic weld is much more time consuming hence more expensive.i work in the trade so this is how i know.
Fair comment, if it does I'll take it back, simple as.[:)]

1 - 20 of 45 Posts