3K views 27 replies 18 participants last post by  Lowride 
#1 ·
Here's the new face lift

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here's how the car's transformed so far

Front - original then now​

Posted Image

(SWG front grill & M5 style side mirrors.

p.s. the colour of the car has not been changed, that's just the light)​

Rear - original till now​

Posted Image

Posted Image

(this is it now)​

(first tints then R32 Milltek exhaust, Polo rear wiper, rear valance modification and finally de-badged and de-handled)​

Next on the list is to fit the front bumper and get the grill moulded to it, fit the side skirts and finally come up with a solution for the rear bumper (considering a custom bumper at the moment).

I also fit LEDs in the side mirrors, unfortunately they stopped working shortly after that. I'm still trying to get them up and running again, when I do i'll put some pics up. A big thank you to Karl (username unikarl), thanx for supplying and helping me out with all the LED problems.

Let me know what you guys think

See less See more
#5 ·
Quote: posted by hmi1750 on 05/03/2005 23:03:10

looks great from the back.

Thanx, a guy called Greg Howell in Southam ("Southam Bodies") did it for me. I saw his car before deciding to go ahead with the boot since he has the same done to it and I have to admit, the guy is talented. Really trust worthy also, a fellow Golfer [:p]. Can't be more pleased with the boot.

#7 ·
Quote: posted by smithjoe on 05/03/2005 23:11:04

Looks good, dont like the mirrors though mate.

I'm still considering changing them... they reason I dont like them is because of the poor visibility but I do like the way they look from the outside. I was looking at the Zender mirrors also... still thinking.

#10 ·
Quote: posted by cage on 05/03/2005 23:26:22

Mo, you cars is coming along nicely, just lose the mirrors (replace them with lupo items) and maybe go for the Kamei or Bonrath debadge 2 slat grille.

I haven't seen the Lupo ones, i'll take a look at them. I dont know about changing the grill, I really like this one, just need to do something about the part where the front badge use to be... bad-boy bonnet should cover it up nicely.

#13 ·
Quote: posted by Baker21 on 06/03/2005 00:05:46

That looks very different from the last time I saw it at the Birmingham meet last year.

I love the rear end mate, that smoothed tailgate looks great!!

Thanx, I haven't been to a meet since that one believe it or not.. I hope another midlands one is on soon

Quote: posted by Uzi9 on 06/03/2005 00:17:32

Very nice mate. Just wondering, how do you open the boot without the handle?

There's a solenoid which pops the boot open, i'll take a pic of where i got the switch put.

#17 ·
Quote: posted by Tabs on 06/03/2005 07:47:06

Lookin trick mate, nice and subtle [^]

How easy was it to wire up the solenoid? Also where did you get it from and how much?

I didn't buy or wire the solenoid, I got Greg at the Bodyshop to do it for me. I can find out for you how much and where he got the solenoid from but he's on holiday for a week or so.

Quote: posted by Mo on 06/03/2005 10:49:21

Looks cool.

i recn tho that he mesh on the front grill should be black as it looks a bit overly silver at the mo.

Other then that looking good !!

I agree, I've already ordered black mesh from www.carstylingdirect.com. I thought the silver mesh might be a lil too much but I didn't have the black mesh at the time so I put the silver one on for now and I thought I can change it to black whenever it arrives.

#18 ·
Quote: posted by Mokeylock on 06/03/2005 12:16:34

Quote: posted by Tabs on 06/03/2005 07:47:06

Lookin trick mate, nice and subtle [^]

How easy was it to wire up the solenoid? Also where did you get it from and how much?

I didn't buy or wire the solenoid, I got Greg at the Bodyshop to do it for me. I can find out for you how much and where he got the solenoid from but he's on holiday for a week or so.

That would be great if you could find out for me [^]

#22 ·
looking good. grill would look good in black mesh.

rear is a bit too smoothed for my liking but you gotta take the wiper off now you've done everything else

by the way carstylingdirect have closed their online store...cos i bought some mesh but it never turned up...a quick email later tells me they've shut it.

and now the home page says so too

unless you went to the shop

#26 ·
Quote: posted by Mokeylock on 05/03/2005 23:17:56

Quote: posted by Royster on 05/03/2005 23:16:26

Just need to loose the rear wiper to complete your rear end, me thinks!

me agree

Love the back end... agree with what they said but I would stick a sharan badge on... IMO it gets a bit bland with neither badge or ugly handle.. [:D]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.