1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the new face lift

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here's how the car's transformed so far

Front - original then now​

Posted Image

(SWG front grill & M5 style side mirrors.

p.s. the colour of the car has not been changed, that's just the light)​

Rear - original till now​

Posted Image

Posted Image

(this is it now)​

(first tints then R32 Milltek exhaust, Polo rear wiper, rear valance modification and finally de-badged and de-handled)​

Next on the list is to fit the front bumper and get the grill moulded to it, fit the side skirts and finally come up with a solution for the rear bumper (considering a custom bumper at the moment).

I also fit LEDs in the side mirrors, unfortunately they stopped working shortly after that. I'm still trying to get them up and running again, when I do i'll put some pics up. A big thank you to Karl (username unikarl), thanx for supplying and helping me out with all the LED problems.

Let me know what you guys think

· Mokeylock
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote: posted by hmi1750 on 05/03/2005 23:03:10

looks great from the back.

Thanx, a guy called Greg Howell in Southam ("Southam Bodies") did it for me. I saw his car before deciding to go ahead with the boot since he has the same done to it and I have to admit, the guy is talented. Really trust worthy also, a fellow Golfer [:p]. Can't be more pleased with the boot.

· Mokeylock
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote: posted by smithjoe on 05/03/2005 23:11:04

Looks good, dont like the mirrors though mate.

I'm still considering changing them... they reason I dont like them is because of the poor visibility but I do like the way they look from the outside. I was looking at the Zender mirrors also... still thinking.

· Mokeylock
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote: posted by cage on 05/03/2005 23:26:22

Mo, you cars is coming along nicely, just lose the mirrors (replace them with lupo items) and maybe go for the Kamei or Bonrath debadge 2 slat grille.

I haven't seen the Lupo ones, i'll take a look at them. I dont know about changing the grill, I really like this one, just need to do something about the part where the front badge use to be... bad-boy bonnet should cover it up nicely.

· Mokeylock
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote: posted by Baker21 on 06/03/2005 00:05:46

That looks very different from the last time I saw it at the Birmingham meet last year.

I love the rear end mate, that smoothed tailgate looks great!!

Thanx, I haven't been to a meet since that one believe it or not.. I hope another midlands one is on soon

Quote: posted by Uzi9 on 06/03/2005 00:17:32

Very nice mate. Just wondering, how do you open the boot without the handle?

There's a solenoid which pops the boot open, i'll take a pic of where i got the switch put.

· Mokeylock
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote: posted by Baker21 on 06/03/2005 00:05:46

That looks very different from the last time I saw it at the Birmingham meet last year.

I just realised you're in Leamington Spa, that's where I got my car done [:D]

· Mokeylock
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote: posted by Tabs on 06/03/2005 07:47:06

Lookin trick mate, nice and subtle [^]

How easy was it to wire up the solenoid? Also where did you get it from and how much?

I didn't buy or wire the solenoid, I got Greg at the Bodyshop to do it for me. I can find out for you how much and where he got the solenoid from but he's on holiday for a week or so.

Quote: posted by Mo on 06/03/2005 10:49:21

Looks cool.

i recn tho that he mesh on the front grill should be black as it looks a bit overly silver at the mo.

Other then that looking good !!

I agree, I've already ordered black mesh from www.carstylingdirect.com. I thought the silver mesh might be a lil too much but I didn't have the black mesh at the time so I put the silver one on for now and I thought I can change it to black whenever it arrives.

· Mokeylock
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Quote: posted by GreenBeast on 06/03/2005 20:21:01

...by the way carstylingdirect have closed their online store...cos i bought some mesh but it never turned up...a quick email later tells me they've shut it.

and now the home page says so too

unless you went to the shop

Thanx for letting me know, Do you know if they still take orders over the phone?

Quote: posted by thechief on 06/03/2005 20:40:58

Mokey how does the solenoid work? Is it on a timer so you can get out and lift the boot past the safety catch while its open?

No it's not on a timer, I just press the button and the boot pops open but doesn't lift, I have to walk round and lift it from the side. Most people put a lil spring so once the solenoid pops the boot, the spring pushes a lil further out so it's easier to lift. I haven't got that but i'm looking around for one.

I'm planning to take more pics to show more of how the boot opens and stuff but a friend of mine is borrowing my camera, I'll post the pics once i've taken them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.