Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked it up yesterday (800 mile round trip lol).

After a quick wash, here are some pics.

Cheers

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Gorgeous mate, the only car that really looks good in red (other than a Ferrari).  Looking forward to seeing it at some local meets.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Good choice mate (although I would say that!)......nice colour too....just try and keep them original wheels nice and clean...its a pain in the @ss, but prevents corrosion!

Look forward to seeing you at some meets......Want to plan an Anni photoshoot when we can get plenty of members at a meet in the summer.

Tom

·
Banned
774 Posts
The best looking MKIV by far. Black's my favourite colour, followed by the red. I had one in silver but always wondered why they didn't have the cojones to make the Anniversary in white.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the comments people [H]

I'd planned to work on the car today but it appears to be snowing lol. Stunt, the wheels on the car are a year old but there is some very slight corrosion starting on one of the outer lips. I guess I'll do something with it if it gets any worse.

I take it you can remove the front mats? [:p] They appear to be fixed in, the rears are secured with plastic screws.

Cheers

·
Registered
45 Posts
Nice car mate... but i'm gonna say that though!!!

Must admit that before i got my one i wasn't that keen on red but now i honestly think it possibly may be the best colour of anniversary, (waits for evil looks from black and silver anni owners [:p])

Well done.

PS: Did you buy it from a VW Dealer down in England??

Craig

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Fine looking ride you have there bud, next to silver, red is my favourite colour ( I had my Mk2 resprayed red many years ago )

Got any mods planned.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Before I bought one I always thought I would definitely lower it 50mm with spacers and go for the Miltek but I'm really pleased with the way everything feels so I'm kinda tempted to leave it as it is for the time being. Stubby aerial first I think.

Craigsy, it was a private sale down in Bristol. A couple had it before hand from new. Is yours lowered mate?

Really impressed with how quickly it picks up. Permanent cheesy [:D]

·
Registered
45 Posts
Before I bought one I always thought I would definitely lower it 50mm with spacers and go for the Miltek but I'm really pleased with the way everything feels so I'm kinda tempted to leave it as it is for the time being. Stubby aerial first I think.

Craigsy, it was a private sale down in Bristol. A couple had it before hand from new. Is yours lowered mate?

Really impressed with how quickly it picks up. Permanent cheesy [:D]
Cool, just wandered about the sale because my one was actually for sale in a VW dealer in South Hereford (down towards Wales or so i think[:^)]) however my VW dealer in Aberdeen transported it up for me and i bought it through them... before that i was nearly driving to Nottingham to buy one- sak that!!!

And it isn't lowered either although in my sig pic i think it does look lower than it actually is! (possibly mine being diesel, the front sits lower due to heavier engine???) Like you, I was going to lower mine straight away but after getting it i really enjoy the ride in it- although all 14 of my previous cars have been lowered, it's nice for some comfort. The spacers is something i also will be going for soon, prob just 10mm ones on the rear- i think there is a group buy on this site about them if you go to that section

God, that was a long reply![:)]

Craig

1 - 20 of 22 Posts