Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Looking very nice there mate! Always had a thing for RED Mk4s.

1.4...........doesnt look it.

Whats next? Smoked rear lights? GTI style.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah it's definatly a 1.4 I have a friend with a GTI who reminds me about that regularly! Yeah next on the list I'm thinking about the GTI lights and a set of R32 18's just feel the 17's don't fill the arches the way I'd like.

Loving the bodykit so far though it suits the car beautifully!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers guys was just cleaned about 5 mins before I took the photos but It's dirty again now thanks to living in Scotland and a truck driver who just felt the need to cover my beautiful clean paint in mud!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Looks great mate!! Lots of work put into that. My only criticism would be that you should either remove the exhaust or get the anni cutout valance.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Looks great mate!! Lots of work put into that. My only criticism would be that you should either remove the exhaust or get the anni cutout valance.
Ditto that comment.

Where abouts in Glasgow are you. Not seen your car about.

·
Registered
766 Posts
looks like us guys in Glasgow have good taste eh mate.......just done the valances on mine as well

looking good man mibby see it in the metal soon[H]

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
I like the look of what u've done. If I saw that on the streen I would
think its a de-badged ani GTi and u'd get respect for debadging it!!

Infact I wish my car looked like that!! I don't like the different grill but thats just my taste

·
Registered
123 Posts
Loving the motor mate [:D]

May I ask how much it costed for the anni kit (plus fitting and spraying)?

Also did you buy the car already colour coded (rub strips and handles)?

Thinking about doing same to mine [:D] Thanks

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cheers for the positive feedback guys! It's nice when people appreciate the work you do makes you feel good 'bout it so thanks.

Erm a few answers......

I stay in Bishopbriggs which is on the north side of the city (near Springburn?) It's just brand new to me so I haven't been driving it round for ages.

I bought the kit from vwspeed.co.uk and it cost just a shade over ?500 and it was sprayed and fitted by my local bodyshop for ?300. The handles and rub strips were done by buying the parts from a breaker and having them sprayed which I got done all in for ?20 and ?15 for the bits!

The car does have a cut out for the exhaust but because of the anni valence you can't actually see it. I thought about the milltek one but decided I prefer the oval personal choice I suppose.

The next plans are 18's in January when I turn 21 and hopefully get loads of cash! LOL! But once they have been put on it's a case of some little bits to finish it off GTI rear lights and a bigger drop I think!

Anyway cheers for the opinions!

Martin

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok couple of people have suggested changing the lights any opinions? A few suggestions with prices would be really usefull! Cheers!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts