Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
GT TDI 176BHP 428NM
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
briefly

ok its not actually mine and it is in German, but my GOD!!! Talk about a custom engine!

Sorry but when I saw this video it was too good to not tell you lot about it! A league above the rest without a doubt.

Gt 130

·
GT TDI 176BHP 428NM
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is more of a fix for you - scroll to the bottom of this page LINK

Im good to you lot really......[:p]

·
GT TDI 176BHP 428NM
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can honestly say I have NEVER seen a MK4 GOLF this fast anywhere.  Respect.

·
GT TDI 176BHP 428NM
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dahlback Racing is Swedish not German [;)]

GB anyone? [:p] I read somewhere that Golf started life as a 1.6 [:D][Y]
No it was a 4mo V6. Look at the bottom right hand image of the 4motion badge...... SCROLL DOWN

I know they may have just stuck that on due to the running gear but I did read that it started off life as one somewhere earlier.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
REEPOST!!!!!!!!!!

Its only Mk4 panels most of the running gear is audi, even the engine is not mounted transversyly, its is logitudanal..

about the only parts of that car that are VW are the badges

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Sorry itsbeen posted at least 5 times before.....the car has been
around for at least 5 years and bears very little reslembance to a VW
of any kind in mechanical terms... and the 4wd system is more akin to a
groupa quattro system than a 4motion haldex system

Sorry

·
Registered
832 Posts
Sorry itsbeen posted at least 5 times before.....the car has been around for at least 5 years and bears very little reslembance to a VW of any kind in mechanical terms... and the 4wd system is more akin to a groupa quattro system than a 4motion haldex system

Sorry
It's still cool though! [:D]

·
GT TDI 176BHP 428NM
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
... and the 4wd system is more akin to a groupa quattro system than a 4motion haldex system

Sorry
Your so right, who would want a poo shed like that.......?!?

I mean making a Golf into a Group A or B rally performance vehicle is soooooo 5 years ago......[:|]

Well I thought it was awesome, and hadn't seen it before.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Theres loads of stuff on the net about this one. (though it is truly amazing). i'm sure there was a big spread in a back issue of one of the magazines too.Try Vw drivers back issue department. Will all be in english then[Y]

·
GT TDI 176BHP 428NM
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The language of mechanics, much like the language of love - is universal. Knows no bounds!! [;)]

·
GT TDI 176BHP 428NM
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That is rediculous, why would anyone do that. I bet they go fast in a straight line but look like a dumb idea, and dangerous. Also theres no way that is street legal anywhere other than the moon. The afterburner is no way legal on any public road. Looks like they have bodged the jet in there any old how. Just cut the boot with tin snips and jobs a good un'[:|]

·
Registered
832 Posts
Classic quotes from that bettle site;

"Car was built to look as if VW delivered the car this way." Erm, what about the 6ft jet engine hanging out the boot?!

He then goes on to say the car is "safe" and a few sentences later comes out with "Had I launched, I would have burned him to a crisp."

I just feel sorry for his wife... he is trying to figure out how to strap on 2 jet engines to it.....!

What a cu*t. [:)]

1 - 20 of 22 Posts