Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought this baby just over a year ago to tidy up and sell on. Needless to say, I've spent a fortune and still have her! I decided to keep her looking original.

One lady owner before me.

Full VAG service history from new.

Power steering.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

When it's hot , this exhaust sounds fantastic!

The restoration has included...

2 new front wings

new tailgate

cut and weld in 2 new rear arch sections

New genuine VAG coachlines & tailgate decal

4 new genuine VAG arch extensions and front splitter

new genuine VAG front and rear windscreens

2 new front seat squabs & driver's backrest

Alloy wheels refurbished by Pristine

4 new Hella headlights

Reconditioned OEM Leather steering wheel

full windows out respray in original Alpine White all dents and imperfections removed

Only mods are Boge Turbogas dampers, Eibach springs and a Milltek stainless 4 branch manifold.

EDIT: found another view for y'all - the OEM 16v beesting and base that everyone wants cost me ?56.40! retail it's over ?69 [:O]

Posted Image

·
Banned
774 Posts
That's seriously nice wish my white MKII GTi looked even 5% as good as that.

Good to see someone breathing new life into a classic.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've wanted one of these since they were new. I hate to see so many of them looking so doggy. I'd have preferred Monza blue, but when this one came along I had to have it!

@dannyboy - the engine bay is one of the final parts I still have to detail. Will add pics in time!

@Royster - believe it or not, the car was painted by an old boy in a barn. He insists on working slowly, doing all the prep work by hand, is a stickler for details (panel gaps etc) and will take his hand to whatever the customer wants. He specilises in classic Jags and Fords, but does a lot of modern classic dubs too. His prices are very reasonable ;-) PM me for more details. He's based in North Bristol.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Very very nice indeed Rich !

Lovely car - you've done it 110% justice......and your photographic skills are top notch too!!

I had a J plate mk2 8V GTi in Tornado Red from new and one of my best mates had a 16valver in Met Grey on an E-plate - a 3-door.

It went like joe stink and handled lovely.......i'd still have one if the right one came up.

I think a big bumper in Oak green would be nice.....

Your's is proper lovely mate - I hope you keep her for years to come!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cheers guys, my mate's borrowed Nikon D70 (digital SLR) together with v expensive lens has a lot to do with the quality of the images. I really must get me one of these cameras!

It's really good to know my efforts mean something to fellow enthusiasts. Soo many people just don't understand!

My long term plan with the MK2 is to source a good Corrado/Passat 9A 2.0l 16v engine and rebuild it to the same high standard as the rest of the vehicle.

Overbored bottom end with new Karl Schmidt pistons & ancillaries

Lightened and balance

KR engine cams

High quality polished and ported head

I'm hoping this new engine will make a beautifully smooth, torquey 200bhp. In a car that ways just 1100kg, she'll fly! Not that she's a slouch at the moment.

The beauty with this engine conversion, unlike say, a 1.8T conversion, is that the car still can be made to look like it has just left the factory.

@ big bumper fans - I know they look they look the business - it's just nice to see something different!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Quote: posted by Rivage on 06/04/2005 22:09:10

@ big bumper fans - I know they look the business - it's just nice to see something different!

I have to agree i love the small bumpers on the MK2. Still miss my old one, I'd love to own one again just to have a play with.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
MIne's having a "birthday" next month! Some bits of paint, new sounds and some wicked paint design on the wheels!!!

Will post some piccys! sooon!!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Wow looks totally original

Remember a friend at Uni's dad had a silver one with the Pirelli P alloys they had got off a guy that had never even removed the plastic factory coverings off the back seats till they got it. Loverly motors always fancied a mint one, or of course a black Mk1 gti

·
Registered
454 Posts
Very nice mate. Small bumper valvers on bottle top wheels look the dogs danglies. Can't believe you haven't lay-flat that rear wiper yet though [:p]

1 - 20 of 29 Posts