Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, All

I'v been thinking a lot about how much MPG i'm getting compared to other drivers especially Golfs, i know they come with the manufactures guide but it's always way off because we're real drivers. So can you tell me your engine and your average MPG.

Mines a 1.4 and i get about 36 MPG

Thanks

Daniel

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
TDi 90bhp with a tuning box (so 115ish) - average of 48.6mpg in last 926 miles.

Got 65.1mpg on a 45min drive earlier today - going 40mph coz of fog!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WOW the Diesel engines get a real good MPG, I thort they would be better but didn?t think they would be that good. Are there any more petrol owners also who wanna contribute?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Daniel

·
Registered
51 Posts
TDI 130 and I've had roughly 40mpg over the last 600 miles or so. All my driving is city driving though so considering this I dont think its too bad really.

·
Registered
109 Posts
1.8 20v turbo AGU 19-25mpg that depends on me mood.

I once blew a quarter of a tank having a little 15 min race with me mate, I was getting 8mpg on the readout

·
Registered
379 Posts
PD100 and i get poo mpg i think compared to others!! From a full tank (?40)...maybe 400 miles. so thats like 40ish mpg?

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
PD100 and i get poo mpg i think compared to
others!! From a full tank (?40)...maybe 400 miles. so thats like 40ish
mpg?
What kind of driving do you do most? City driving is bad for
mpg. Also, ?40 for 400miles isn't that bad. A full tank is
more like ?45-50 so if it were completely full you'd get more!

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have been known to be a little heavy with my right foot, but usually quite conservative. Maybe i should jus calm down!

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Someone on this forum once told me that to get good mpg, you should get
to your cruising speed as quickly as possible because that's the point
at which the car's using less fuel. It sounds fun enough to me -
floor it for a bit, but still get good mpg!!

·
Registered
487 Posts
In my 2.0 I get about 38mpg on the motorway driving steadily. The
most I had was 48.9mpg on a 200mile round trip. Around town I get
between 18 and 28mpg. (And i'm quite heavy-footed around town!!!)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cheers all, puts my mind a rest a bit, mainly used to get 300 miles to ?30 but since i upgraded my wheel i'v lost about 50 miles on ?30 :-( so now i'v always got my eye on the MPG when cruising, to keep costs down. Sounds boring ay, and it is, taken the fun out of driving!

·
Registered
352 Posts
According to my trip computer I've been getting 47.7mpg over the last 1947 miles. I think this is pretty good for a 150 pd.I only wish I had bought one sooner.This is travelling to work and back on motorway and the really heavy footed misses doing her wee bit,running the kids here there every where.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Chipped 1.8T AGU average around 36mpg to a tank. Can get it to sit around 38mpg on long runs. Avergaes about 30mpg round town or less if i get a Saxo behind me he he

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
TDI 150PD

Currently at 48.5mpg, Varied driving, Mainly short local runs and a few High speed runs to put the local nova boys back in their place.

Its usually over 52 mpg if im doing motorway driving mixed in with that, Which im not at the moment.

·
Registered
23 Posts
S reg 5 door 1.6se. I'm getting about 30mpg doing 60mph. I thought it was bad but having read this forum, it's put my mind at ease seeing these figures.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts