Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fell for it, made you look.  You can see the spec of my anni, on the motorway at 70 mph , flat road it shows 39.4 mpg , just wondered how this compares with standard cars or dif specs, next time your bored on the motorway , have a SAFE quick look. cheers

·
Registered
628 Posts
lol got me,but where are all the other straight guys? [;)] anyway on a flat road at 70 my 4 mo will get about 30 mpg average

·
Registered
104 Posts
did a 100mile round trip today. 90% motorway. Driving very carefully under 80 all the time. Mostly about 70. Averaged 43mpg!!!. still not enough, and it was soooo boring. Usual motorway is about 37, mainly fast lane. Cars a 1.8t 150 by the way

·
Registered
93 Posts
i get 26.7 (chipped S3) its 270bhp and i like using it all......... when ever i get the chance, i do around 70% motorway miles but i dont think it makes a great deal of difference when i do 120 on the motorway or 3-40 round round town. it never gets much lower.

i was rather supprised myself as my TT and golf 1.8T were not this economical. just "a-gooden" i think.

car do have a tendency to be irradic

·
Registered
293 Posts
on the 11 mile trip out to university, consisting of mayb 4 miles of motorway, i can get up to 51mpg. (115 tdi 6spd)

usually get up to mid-high 50's on the motorway, depending on trip distance + speed.

reached 70.1 on average, and 199 on the other one last thursday while being towed.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Round town I get about 42 Mpg and on a long motorway run i get between 55 and 60 Mpg.

Cars a chipped 115 Bora.

Mart

·
Registered
566 Posts
I get 46mpg on a 200 mile journey with 170 miles motorway, 20 miles twisty country and 10 miles dual carriageway. The motorway part normally sees me at almost 3 figure speeds. If I did 70mph (which has been highlighted as so boring) I can get 55mpg. 150 TDI.

~ Maxie

·
Super Moderator
8,768 Posts
lol - 359 views.........what a bunch of pervs we all are! And yes, I fell for it too!

Anyway, sounds like you're getting reasonable mpg for a 1.8T. In my 110 TDi, I tend to get around 50mpg on a long journey, low 40's on a short journey.

·
Registered
293 Posts
this has proved quite the re-assuring thread! i thought the average figure over all types of journeys of 45ish was worryingly low, but i see others are similar.

how many miles do people get out of a tank?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts