Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right, as you may or not know, i'm having issues with my current stereo covering my climatronic panel because it flips down.

So......

How do stereos like these work with the golf interior?

As in, will it cover the cup holders? Not a big deal if it will, but you know what i'm asking.......

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i do have a cubby........

however, i have tried to swap them round, but the cup holders scuff the facia bezel.......

hence why i am after one of those rude boys for xmas.........

so do the "big screens" have any impeding issues?

·
Registered
99 Posts
it really is a no win situation with these. if the headunit is at the top it will cover your cup holders and they will scrape on the facia, but have it at the bottom and it will still hamper your view to the climatronix and your cubby hole will be covered!

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Go for thw Kenwoood DDX6027 like mine, then you won't have any problem of it covering the climate control or the buttons below the centre vent. This is how it looks in my car.

Posted Image

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
MikeTDI, why do you have two HU's? What does each one do?!
The screen HU is just a screen. The HU below is CD/MP3 player. All my sound is controlled thru the CD/MP3 player tho (inc the screens audio)

·
Registered
379 Posts
So what does the screen actually show?! If i was playing a mp3 song, what would be on the screen?! I pressume its not jus a blank screen. Ive got a alpine HU and would love that sort of setup. I would probably hook up an external DVD player to that aswell which would be cool!

Sorry to have hijacked the thread!

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
So what does the screen actually show?! If i was playing a mp3 song, what would be on the screen?! I pressume its not jus a blank screen. Ive got a alpine HU and would love that sort of setup. I would probably hook up an external DVD player to that aswell which would be cool!

Sorry to have hijacked the thread!
its hooked upto a slim ps2 which is mounted in the glove box. So i can play games and watch DVD's from the screen. ;-)

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
why did you take it out mate?

also..........now i have another issue.........<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

what if the screen dont allow you to "navigate" the MP3 CD that is obvioulsy playing in the "glovebox"......as in, do you need to use the remote for the DVD player to change tracks etc......or will it display on the screen?

i.e will the touch screen be fully functional for the CD navigation or will i have to ponse around with a remote?

this is what i've been looking at......

http://www.caraudiobargains.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=1459

1 - 17 of 17 Posts