Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone watch the Moto GP race in Catalunya yesterday? The accident at the start was very scary.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Gibenau's front brake lever hits Caparossi, who hits Melandri, who hits Pedrosa and Hopkins.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Yes, turned out far better than it looked. All three riders, Millandri, Capirossi and Gibernau, could have been hurt a lot worse. As ever Rossi's behaviour was impeccable, showing proper respect for the injured. Had it been worse he would not have raced, as it was, he was the Master - again. Looks like he's back on track!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I always think it is amazing how they surrvive these falls, I often think were they to happen on the open road these riders would be toast. I guess less to hit when you are on a race track. Rossi is such a legend.. [Y]

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I always think it is amazing how they surrvive these falls, I often think were they to happen on the open road these riders would be toast. I guess less to hit when you are on a race track. Rossi is such a legend.. [Y]
Everyone going in the same direction helps, plus the fact that the tarmac is smoother, even if it is grippier. Chipped surfaces really can do a lot of damage. Main thing is that there is nothing like trees or lamp posts to run into.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Marco and Loris both practiced at Assen this morning. Men, or what?

Gibernau won't be racing at this, or the next two, because of surgery to re-pin the collar bone already broken in a previous accident.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
just read on the bbc that Rossi will still be racing by the sound of it, even with fractures in his foot and hand ... they are double hard!! [H]

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great I've been looking for a video of it to show people.

What about Assen last lap then!!
Rossi done brilliantly.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
So THAT's what happend to caused all the injuries.

Despite watching that I still miss my bike and want to buy one again.

The weather is perfect for 2 wheel action.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
And you gotta feel for poor Colin Edwards. Did so well to get back in front of Hayden only to throw it all away breaking too deep into final chicane.

Today's British GP was a bit boring compared to Assen and Catalunya!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts