Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Desperate to get a piece of narrow width hose to fit dump valve, I went into VW dealer in Newbury today. Charged me £13 for a metre of rubber hose!!! Was going to tell 'em to shove it, but hose was split and I couldn't find anyone else who stocked it. Are they for real???

·
Registered
301 Posts
secondry compressor thing that splits and needs only to be bolted back togeather

does nothing but pump some air .

it is about £300 for stealers

stuarty

·
Super Moderator
50,212 Posts
Quite small and very insignificant plastic mushroom like popper that holds the doorcards on:-

Peugeot 206........6 pence each
Any VW..............67 pence each

Chris.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
the plastic moulding the go on the exterior of the doors, for a 4door the from in black plastic is £22 and rear is about £15   absolute bump

·
Registered
337 Posts
I offset the cost of the parts by drinking as much free coke as possible while waiting for the service dept to find my bits...<burp>...oh and stuffing my face with the free custard creams.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I offset the cost of the parts by drinking as much free coke as possible while waiting for the service dept to find my bits...<burp>...oh and stuffing my face with the free custard creams.
free coke and custard creams? where do you go for this then?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Local Stealers....Help yourself to tea,coffee etc etc.I know a bloke who just dropped in once for a coffee and a trawl thru the morning papers they have..

·
Registered
337 Posts
Yup...He bought his wife a 2nd hand lupo from the dealers used car section,found out about the freebies and just called in for a read and a drink...

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Yup...He bought his wife a 2nd hand lupo from the dealers used car section,found out about the freebies and just called in for a read and a drink...
haha excellent, peter coopers doesnt have these freebies i don't think. but then again im never down the stealers, thats why i got a big wallet

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Anni front valance - £315 !

and thats only in grey primer [cry]

Or the 3 spoke gti airbag which is around £500 !

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Wiring harness for pre '03 xenons, from ballasts to lights....£129 + vat...each !!

D2S bulbs... £114 + vat..each !!!!

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Anni front valance - £315 !

and thats only in grey primer [cry]

Or the 3 spoke gti airbag which is around £500 !
Woah! Is that really the price for these from the dealer now [:O]. Makes the one I got from Vwspeed @ £150 look a bargain. It's currently sat in the loft, so perhaps I should put it up for sale!!

Not sure of the most overpriced part from VW - most of the parts i have bought when the car is in for a service seem cheap when compared to the labour charges!!

Having said that, I thought I'd help my younger sister out recently and replace her broken wing mirror glass on her Polo 16v - £33 for mirror glass only!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts