Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Mk5 Golf is due to get a "facelift" late in 2006.

Apparently will take the corporate look of the polo / convertible......likely to see LED rear lights i guess.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I reckon that it will just get a bumper like on the forthcoming GT. I
dont think that they would go the expense of changing front lights and
bonnet.....

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
A facelift will cost minimal money as the tooling will be set up for the Eos already.  in the long term it would work out cheaper through economies of scale.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I reckon that it will just get a bumper like on the forthcoming GT. I dont think that they would go the expense of changing front lights and bonnet.....
Trevor.......it's 95% fact....i have been advised from a contact who knows more about these things than VW !!! LOL

·
Registered
730 Posts
Basically it's going to get the front end of the Eos then?
Thats good news

But i wish they'd do something with the rear of the mk5, those huge close encounters of the third kind rear lights put me off buying one,

And that huge expanse of plastic they call a valance needs sorting.

So really the golf should get a face lift and an ar$e lift. [:D]

·
Registered
440 Posts
According to that web site those are pictures of the Golf MKVI which will replace the MKV.

I have heard that the facelift Golf due mid 2006/2007 will have rear LED lights, which to me just look like two huge reversing lights [N], and some other minor modifications.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Late 2006 must mean 2007 model year. Guess we will start seeing them at the dealer this time next year. The look will probably be a more radical overhaul than normal.

Wonder if we will see posts from disrguntled new Polo GTI owners when the facelifted Golf GTI comes out. I can imagine they will be a bit disgruntled as the two will be indentical.

Ideal timing for me as I have just decided to keep my IV for 1 more year.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Late 2006 must mean 2007 model year. Guess we will start seeing them at the dealer this time next year. The look will probably be a more radical overhaul than normal.

Wonder if we will see posts from disrguntled new Polo GTI owners when the facelifted Golf GTI comes out. I can imagine they will be a bit disgruntled as the two will be indentical.

Ideal timing for me as I have just decided to keep my IV for 1 more year.
FOXY SAID......(at the start of this thread, no less!)

"The Mk5 Golf is due to get a "facelift" late in 2006.

Apparently will take the corporate look of the polo / convertible......likely to see LED rear lights i guess."

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I wish car manufacturer would stop 'facelift/revamping/revised' so
soon. Really annoys me. Examples like the A3, A4, BMW
E46, Mercs, Civics, RRover etc. Why can't they just design it
properly in the first place.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I wish car manufacturer would stop 'facelift/revamping/revised' so soon. Really annoys me. Examples like the A3, A4, BMW E46, Mercs, Civics, RRover etc. Why can't they just design it properly in the first place.
I think the GTI is perfect as it is and they should leave well alone.

If it does get a few changes then this will be the second time I've been stung like this - the last being the A3 getting the nose change - which I think looks gank on the 3dr. [+o(]

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Oops me bad, I was looking at the Golf VI (whcih I think looks spot on, except the headlights). At least the changes for the facelift are minimal. And yeah, Audi did drop a bollock on the new grill design.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts