Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ppl,

Just wanted to share my anger with everyone! A week ago I bought some lower grille fog lights off someone on ebay. I thought I landed a pretty sweet deal until the seller stings me with a postage price of 60 quid [:O]!!! All that just for something that surely isn't gonna weigh more than kilo or so!

In the auction it clearly states that postage is 8 quid which is pretty high any way which i was still willing to pay since I chose to bid on it.

Anyway the seller emails me the invoice for 76 quid (16 quid for the actual fogs and 60 quid for P&P!!) and I thought wtf, emailed him back and to let him kno what I thought. I then get an invoice for 24 quid a few minutes later which was more like it! I then try to pay but postage still comin up as 60 quid.

I then get an email sayin hes havin problems with his paypal account and he'll let me kno when i can pay. Gives me the all clear later that week so I try and pay, once again 60 quid p&p so I deceided to minus 52 quid using the seller discount thing.

I then get a refund of the 24 quid that I paid, emailed him again to say what happened but no reply so I paid again and got another refund later!

I emailed him earlier 2day to ask him whats goin etc got this reply:

"the reason ur money is being refunded is because the spot lights are not ?25,the p&p is ?60 not ?25.so the sooner u send the right money the sooner u get the lights"

And now I have just received another invoice for 76 quid again!! [:(]

Does anyone have any ideas for what I shud do? Cant imagine ebay being much help lol!

Heres the auction http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4504358839&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

Thanx 4 reading.

Cheers,

Ash

·
Registered
33 Posts
Personally id leave negative feedback trying to explain, report him to ebay an move on.. Keep hold of all correspondance too as I think ebay will ask for it..

·
Expression Intentionally Blank
1,132 Posts
Whoa that's not on! Tell him he can't possibly expect you to pay that as you won the auction on the prices stated!! just neg his rs if he don't respond!

·
Expression Intentionally Blank
1,132 Posts
He must be a complete muppet as he named the auction "spot lights" and naught else??!!

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
HI, because the postage states on the auction that is what he has to sell if to you for. My advice is not to keep paypaling money as he may eventually just keep it and you'd be left with nothing. All you can really do is e-mail once more asking for the postage to be amended to the ?8 stated on the auction. If he still refuses then contact ebay regarding the matter. I wouldn't leave neg feedback straight away as he may just leave neg feedback on you just to be spiteful.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Whats wrong with people. He clearly states ?8 package and postage and you won with a bid of ?16. Thats ?24 of anyones money.

Look at his feedack though, he's bought loads but only sold 1 poxy item.

Leave negative feedback and inform eBay. You might not get the spots but at least others will be aware they are dealing with a numpty.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I would get in touch with the ebay fair trades people, they will try and sort something out with him. As it states in the auction the price for p&p and he has gone way over the top. Keep all the info you have from him as ebay will want to know all about it... What a rip off,,,,, I wouldnt pay that much...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanx 4 the replys guys,

Royster - Yeah he didn't really do a lot 2 promote his item lol, thats why I thought its worth a bid!

I have a feeling he's trying to get back the money that he paid for them! If you have a look at his feedback again, look at the third feedback down frm seller neillyboy19.

I'm gonna email him again and see what happens. I'll try and avoid leaving negative feedback for the minute, can't be asked to get negative feedback out of spite!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
whats his address, say you will collect them! im sure a scotish member will collect them and post them to you for less than ?60!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Just make sure you keep all emails from him. Also take a screen dump of the auction page just in case that disapears.

·
Registered
432 Posts
i'm in scotland tell me where he is and he can send them to me you will be lucky if these will be 8ukp to send.sounds like he wants more money than the 16ukp you won them for but then that is why you set a reserve.

craigv

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm gonna echo what everyone else says, keep all your e-mails from him and send an e-mail to Ebay that way they have been informed of whats going on.

He has no grounds for charging you ?70+ quid when it states clearly that postage is ?8.

See what you mean about the third feedback he has, he bought the fogs for over 70 quid himself, so obviously after the numpty failed to set a reserve and you picked them up for ?24 in total he's now trying to recoup some of that cash by hassling you for more P+P.

Unless he accepts ?24 I'd walk away mate and look for some more.

Perhaps neutral feedback can be left that way he doesn't leave spiteful feedback against you and your feedback score!

·
Registered
703 Posts
Why not tell the seller that you wish to make your own arrangements for a courier to collect the item and thereby avoid the 'postage' element of the ridiculous P&P.

Chris

·
Registered
51 Posts
Quote: posted by craigv on 02/12/2004 09:32:50

i'm in scotland tell me where he is and he can send them to me you will be lucky if these will be 8ukp to send.sounds like he wants more money than the 16ukp you won them for but then that is why you set a reserve.

craigv

Aye, we could get the lads round and sort him out for you :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I swear this Tw*t is seriously p*ssin me off. I sent him a couple of mails sayin how he cannot just suddenly bump up the postage etc, I even sent him a screen shot of his own auction just so its there in black and white, or colour as the case may be!

He replied 2day with:

"look if ur not willing to pay what i want then ur not getting any lights."

I sold an amp recently on ebay to a guy in france. The amp weighed 12kg and postage worked out to just under 50 quid with 250 quid compensation!!

Thx for all the comments and advice etc guys. I have contacted ebay about the matter and am waiting for a reply.

I'm not desperate for the lights, I only bidded on them cos it didn't seem like they'd go for much, since the muppet didn't list them too well! Its just the principle of the whole thing, I've never had a problem like this on ebay! At the end of the day I won the auction fair and square!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts