Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just test drove a luuuurrvley dark blue (is it Midnight Blue??) R32 at Corkills VW in Liverpool. Gotta say out of every colour I've seen for the 32'er this one has to be the classiest, and most eye catching (albeit during daylight hours) [^]

Car was ok, a decent spec with Leather, tints and Sunroof, but it had some minor bodywork issues (peeling lacquer on bumper and a few scuffs). It was also the demonstrator and MD's company car so you can tell its being used on a regular basis.....

They wanted £26k (over book?) but were prepared to go lower depending on what I wanted to do in terms of p/x or sell private...

Need to look at a few more before I make my mind up me thinks. Also need to look at stripping my car of its mods and selling it close to VAG spec - is this the best way to sell at the moment??

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
LOL I thought you didn't want one Mark! [;)]

£26K for a car with bodywork issues? Sounds a bit strong, theres one here with delivery mileage and protective sticker pannels all over (unregistered) up for £25,995 and I thought that was a rip off. Silver though. Ill check it out as Im picking my car up in 30 minutes.

However as always Autotrader is flooded with them, including an Anthracite grey one with 2500 miles for £25k and loads of Deep Blue Pearl for £24k. The only Midnight Blue one I could find was £28k though (new, 5dr, delivery mileage)

Wish, where are you mate [;)]

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know just been perusing Autotrader and found one across the water for 22k with 100 miles on the clock. May go and look at this weekend and see what we can do.

I want a silver or black one with leather though, and possibly cruise, so I'll have to shop about...

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
I want a silver or black one with leather though, and possibly cruise, so I'll have to shop about...

Ill check out the one at the dealer when I pick my car up. Its silver, Ill check the other bits and the price

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh and Corkills had another one in black with Leather, Sunroof and tints and they wanted 26k for that too...

Had to admit when the salesman was saying to me 'these things are like rocking horse crap to get hold of', I had to crack a small grin and cough under my breath 'Autotrader' [:D]

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Mmmmmmmm, black black black black black black black black [:D]

Just you try keeping the swine clean in this weather though! Arrgh!

As for the mods..... you're probably best taking off whats easy, you probably wont get any extra wonga off the dealer for them anyway.

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah I was thinking that too Chris. Just did a quick list and I've got quite a bit I can take off the car and sell on:

Forge Intercooler

Carbonio CAI

Samco TIP

Full Miltek

H&R coilovers

18" BBS RC's

I'll leave the body kit on as it was a factory fitted extra and would add value to the car??

·
Registered
304 Posts
Quote: posted by Tabs on 17/12/2003 18:47:51

I'm liking this one a lot [:D]

http://www.volkswagen.net.r66.co.uk/carview.aspx?id=500266348¢reid=123302&searchtype=Search

Anyone know owt about the dealers?

Never used them but I have heard alot of good things about the after sales care.

If you do a search I remember some users saying they were good.

Ohh and they had A black 32 on the forecourt about 2-3 weekends ago. If it was that exact car I do not know???

HTH

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
DIBS ON YOUR BBS RCS!

The garage has sold the R32, only has a new deep blue pearl one with leather but no cruise for £26k. They do have a Beetle cab in midnight blue though and that is some colour Mark! Id want that one for sure

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Well i bags one of those N75's if you sell it [;)]

The bodykit will add value to it..... there was almost a £1k premium on the ones with the Votex Kit when i was looking for mine... that was main dealer prices.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Tabs, if you're selling the parts off then I'll definately be interested in your Samco TIP and if you're willing to split up you're miltek, the downpipe and sports cat.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Quote: posted by Tabs on 17/12/2003 18:47:51

I'm liking this one a lot [:D]

http://www.volkswagen.net.r66.co.uk/carview.aspx?id=500266348¢reid=123302&searchtype=Search

Anyone know owt about the dealers?

They have a good rep, my mum has always been happy with their service and I think David off this forum also uses them. I very nearly bought a black 3dr 1.8T from them rather than what I have now but their finance rate at the time wasn't very good.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Tabs - you have sold nearly all your mods now... no excuse not to change[:)]

Go for the R32 - But dont pay list. After all its xmas and I am sure the dealers will want to shift them.

Good luck m8, whatever you decide.

But you want the R32 - don't you??[;)]

1 - 20 of 108 Posts