Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After this happened on the way to work friday [brick]

Im after a set of montreal 2's and eventually a 40mm drop. How much do you think these are worth?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-BBS-Montreal-2-Alloy-Wheels-Pirelli-P6000-205-55-16-/140509172444?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET&hash=item20b6ffd2dc

I quite like the idea of having a fresh set of tyres too.. Also what is the standard tyre size fitted to these I noticed my alloys are 195/65 but these are 195/55?

Cheers

Mark

UPDATE 8/2/11 ==========================

Managed to find time to take the muddy wheel out of the boot tonight and ended up pressure washing it to get the mud off. The face seemed fine then I turned it over to find

[:mad:]

Obviously resulting in this

Now it's the decision of 2nd hand alloy and tyre, or set of montreal 2's and sort this out when I find a cheap single alloy. God knows what iv probably done to my suspension too...

·
Registered
915 Posts
Those montys are 16`s you have 15`s at the mo thats why the tyre size is different, whats happened to your ones in the pic you got a flat?!

·
Registered
915 Posts
Ive got the same wheels as you on at the moment with a 30mm drop looks lovely! [:|]

I hate winter!

·
Registered
927 Posts
those are local to me, they'll be "worth" the £350 mark with brand new tyres on, they may sell for between £200 and £250 i reckon

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hit a neck jolting pothole on a muddy b-road! I pulled over to check the alloy for buckling it seems fine but the tyre was instantly flat.

If these go for £250 i'll have them, I have mates in Manchester so will make a weekend of it up there if I collect them.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Lol no not been pic taking with the standards on but i will tomoz if you like!

·
Registered
927 Posts
I hit a neck jolting pothole on a muddy b-road! I pulled over to check the alloy for buckling it seems fine but the tyre was instantly flat.

If these go for £250 i'll have them, I have mates in Manchester so will make a weekend of it up there if I collect them.
you may have wrenched the tyre edge from the rim, or you may indeed have cracked the alloy, probably worth getting looked at and you'd have a spare set

·
Registered
604 Posts
They look like a home referb job to me, and the colour looks a little off. I did one of mine and that's how it looked, front and back. If they go for £200 with tyres though.... got be a good deal.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I just sold a set of these on eBay with dead Tyres for ?155. Seen other sets with good Tyres sell between 210 and 250 on eBay.

·
Registered
50 Posts

I have a set on ebay all good tyres and good condition, if you miss them mine finish about 3hours after them [:D]

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/bbs-alloys-montreal-ll-vw-alloy-wheels-/190497886847?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET&hash=item2c5a8f127f

1 - 20 of 20 Posts