Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I was not so addicted to speed [B)] I'd go out and buy one of these badboys tomorrow for sure!!! [8D]

Posted Image

Trouble is of course I'd have to modify it - bizarre thing is I have not yet seen a modified L200 Warrior -

Ok I know we live in UK but surely there must be some out there??

Anyone know of ant webbies etc? [??]

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
487 Posts
I used to have a shogun Warrior Sport. Man that car was kool. It was 2.5 diesel. Had the big wheels on it, chrome sides. Armrest bigger than my front seat! Lovely car.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Sorry, don't like them.

These vehicles are simply too slow, don't handle, are innefficient and agricultural and feeding a trendy image in the UK for a lfestyle that just doesn't exist here. The only people I've seen with anything in the back have been builders or gardeners.

Nothing against folk who buy one 'cos it fits their needs on the farm or for business but why get one to go to the supermarket?

The worst thing is people still drive them in lane 3 on the motorway forgetting they're in a truck, people can't see round them and at 80mph they simply don't accelerate.....

·
Registered
512 Posts
Its not about speed in one of these, dont you remember the Black Toyota Pick up from Back to the Future, Marty McFlys dream truck in black with big rims and spotlights ?? [:D] I always wanted one of those!![:D]

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Exactly Tom - its not about speed at all in one of these things!

Its a man's car !!

Lets be honest now - Truck = man's car -

Everything else is womens or hairdressers :p

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Quote: posted by Tom R32 on 08/09/2004 12:57:48

...the Black Toyota Pick up from Back to the Future, Marty McFlys dream truck in black with big rims and spotlights ?? [:D] I always wanted one of those!![:D]

OK, I'll come clean, I wanted one of those too..... (just not in front of me[;)])

But it had to be parked next to the '73 Porsche 911 RS Lwt[8D]

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Lol at MCS! Thats one vehicle for every day of the week and a spare in case of problems!

These things are great as company cars as you only get taxed ?500 a year for having one. Bit too American for me though, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

I may be wrong in saying this but I am sure I heard when I was in Texas last, that Pick Up Trucks are the commonly sold new vehicle in the US. SUV's are soon to pass the "regular" auto for second place!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I may be wrong in saying this but I am sure I heard when I was in Texas last, that Pick Up Trucks are the commonly sold new vehicle in the US. SUV's are soon to pass the "regular" auto for second place!

I should imagine thats about right - what with all the bad a** trucks they have out there - spoilt for choice in my opinon -

why o why do Ford not release the F-150 over here [:(] that car is awesome - [8D]

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Think thats the difference though between us stubborn brits and the US - Choice!!!

If its there - why not make it available???

I've seen quite a few F-150's and a couple of the Harley Davidsons (drool) even the HUGE Dodge Rams with the Viper engine in over here -

So I know quite a few "wealthier" people would def buy them as thats what people are liking these days -

They get to chose from an awful lot of cars + styling (27" wheels!! lol)

Wish we had the same choices :(

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Love the constuctive criticism there Doc [;)]

But thats what this forum is all about - people expressing their views -

....Just a shame some people have totally awfull views [:p][;)] (just kidding)

But seriously I think with the big 4x4's you either love em or hate em -

I personally dream of them!!! [:I]

Would kill for a modified H2 !!!! [8D]

·
Registered
336 Posts
[:eek:)] its nearly Friday that's my excuse.

Have been in a couple of the models you mention in North America/Canada (F150 & Dodge) and can see why people like them. If any are of interest something like a hummer probably would be it.

A whole different school of motoring[;)]

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Same here -

Been lucky enough to go to the likes of the car shows at Daytona etc where the cars/SUVs/pick ups are unbelievable!!!

Plus also seeing all the "cruisers" around at night time in their Hummers, EXT's etc just made me fall in love with them all :-D !!

Would dread to think of running costs over here though lol

·
Registered
512 Posts
People really slate 4x4s for being to big, pointless etc etc - to them I say OWN ONE! I had a Range Rover and it was such great motoring I never wanted to part with it, it does everything a car can (minus go round corners fast) and it does so much more. I drove through flooded roads etc when I had mine, car left stranded. Comfort was like a yacht, and people never used to drive like an *** round you as they know who will come off better. Heading down narrow streets I dont think I ever had to give way - I dont mean this in a selfish manor - people just let big 4x4s go first!

Driving position is brilliant, you can see so much further down the road. All in all people who slate 4x4s should try them - they are loads of fun! If it didnt cost me ?75 to fill her up to get 240 miles to a tank I would never have sold her.

Heres she is in Windsor park when I had her [:(] Pimped up with tints and all the toys. VW didnt want to offer me more than ?23k for it against the R32!!!!

Posted Image

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Totally agree Tom,

The only reason why I cant get one right now is cos I cant afford to have a 4x4 and a little speed demon :(

Always have and always will Love the Range!! The brand new ones in that almost sky blue colour look awesome!!

Not quite the same but used to have a Freedlander (best i could get for insurance reasons) soon as I got back from states bought a set of 20" Kahns and dropped it - :-D looked wicked - also colour coded those ridiculous bumpers and got a nice exhaust system with twin pipes -

Best bet - is to sell up and move state side get a H2 and your set :-D

1 - 20 of 39 Posts