Pinning is <o:p></o:p>

?A pinned topic with posts you have read. Pinned
topics are displayed before other topics until they become unpinned.<o:p></o:p>

Why are the moderators abusing their privileges<o:p></o:p>

They should put their adverts on like the rest of us. <o:p></o:p>

This is unfair and we should all have the
same criteria used for displaying adverts in classifieds

David, Sem and Tabs you guys are abusing your privileges
as moderators I'm an older timer on the forum like yourselves and many others. Play fair

I bet this post will can removed or ignored .

<o:p></o:p>

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

There?s another
observation I?ve made<o:p></o:p>

Have u noticed
that when u place an advert to appear in the classifieds it takes 2-3 days to
appear. Post something in the wrong section and it gets moved within hours. <o:p></o:p>

I might as well get this off my chest. <o:p></o:p>

Most people are frightened to voice their opinion regarding ths . <o:p></o:p>

I guess I won?t be popular
with the moderators now. I've been on the forum long enough.

Moderators do a brilliant job, well done to them. This has let them down!

what do moderators think to my comments and members think?.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I agree with all of the comments here, the moderators are abusing their positions for quite a while I have noticed this behaviour and thought it grossly unfair that they could keep their adds at the top of the list but we normal members suffered, with our ads usually disappearing onto the next page and away from the attention of some members

ard Excellent job for bringing this subject up, and Thanks

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gary be careful
you'll get kicked off the forum

I want to take more active role in the forum. We need to get the above issues
sorted out.

I won't mention the name of the moderator that said, "they can abuse it because it they have
the privileges"

Come on members voice your opinions do you agree with me or disagree. Do moderators have the privileges to do this, is this fair?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I agree, i thought it was a little dodgy how my ad took days to show. I dont see why the classifieds dont go live straight away. Its not as if anyone can place an ad, you have to go through registering first and most people who are just spamming wont bother to do that...

·
Registered
501 Posts
Playing devils advocate here but it's really their fault that this place is what it is - a great place. I've been here for over 4 years now, sometimes quiet, sometime not so quiet but I guess they (the mods) have to have some benefits for all the "moderating" they do. I mean we just sit here mindlessly reading and talkng drivel but they have to actually think [;)]

Sorry if that's controversial.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
the mods do a good job but i do agree that its a bit out of order. I also agree on the posting in wrong section bit, thats moved within a few hours by a mod, been there myself, whereas you can be waiting a few days for an advert to appear in classifieds.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Playing devils advocate here but it's really their fault that this place is what it is - a great place. I've been here for over 4 years now, sometimes quiet, sometime not so quiet but I guess they (the mods) have to have some benefits for all the "moderating" they do. I mean we just sit here mindlessly reading and talkng drivel but they have to actually think [;)]

what about the members too, have we not made this the place what it is?!If it wasnt for the members helping each other out with advice etc then it wouldnt be such a great place. Members make that happen too ya know. Not having a go at anyone or mods may i add!!!!

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Moving topics is done in a different way to classifieds. Basically
topics that need to be moved will be picked up when we look in active
topics. Classifieds are viewed via a different section for approval
which is why they can take a while to appear. I admit that I sometimes
forget to check the classifieds for approvals so that could cause
delays. I assume other mods may also forget - let us remember that we
all have jobs as well as coming here (not that I want to make excuses).

I agree re-the stickies so I will see if I can remove their sticky
status. As for us having first pick of classifieds, that doesn't happen.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
I've just removed them as stickies, hope that's ok for you all. I think
you've overreacted a little too but it's sorted now. They were only
stickied for 1 day anyway but now they're not.

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
WOW!

As far as I'm aware, everyone 'working' on this forum as a mod/discussion leader does it on a voluntary basis and gives up their spare time to do so??

• They provide me with an enviroment to seek advice from a massive knowledge base,
  • They provide me with FREE classified ads,
  • They provide me with a place to get discount with traders and group buys,
  • They provide me with a moderated forum, free mostly from idiots and abuse,
  • They provide me with a place to meet likeminded people and often organise meets and shows to do likewise,
  • They provide all their time, effort and above again for FREE.

I for one couldn't give a toss what they do as a perk of their status. I take enough perks from my job, I'll wager that everyone else complaining or not at some point takes advantage of a perk?... Is it REALLY that bad in the big scheme of things?

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

The benefits of the jobs. Their adverts are more important than other members and they get a pick of the for sale stuff. The have a choice to be moderators. I agree they do a brilliant job keeping the forum going.

Adverts should appear in real time. Then they can remove unsuitable ads like they move the posts. They should not be allowed to pin their ads.

What do the moderators think?

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've just removed them as stickies, hope that's ok for you all. I think
you've overreacted a little too but it's sorted now. They were only
stickied for 1 day anyway but now they're not.
Were they only stickies for one day [:O]. I think we haven't overreacted, we voiced our concern.

Nik well done buddy. I hope you can brief the other moderators that this isn't on.

·
Registered
501 Posts
what about the members too, have we not made this the place what it is?!If it wasnt for the members helping each other out with advice etc then it wouldnt be such a great place. Members make that happen too ya know. Not having a go at anyone or mods may i add!!!!
Yes, sorry, re-reading it it doesn't really say what I meant it to say. I was really meaning it from a max power type perspective, no swearing, etc.

Obviously this place would be nothing without the wealth of knowledge we have between us (well apart from me obviously [:$])

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
As for us having first pick of classifieds, that doesn't happen.
Bet it does!!
If the approving mod (at the time) fancies whatever's in the ad then I doubt it would be listed.
Agree with aRd, realtime ads with moderation like normal posts is a better and fairer way to list items for sale.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts