Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,998 Posts
not much difference with the v6 4-motion other than the engines really most had the exact same trim too unless someone went option crazy when ordering one see this list

·
Pauper with big ideas
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aye. I'm looking at 4mo Boras, so wanting to make sure I've got stuff clear in my mind before committing (because rare amd pricey).

My main concerns are:

1) Whether it's possible to retrofit post-2002.5 xenons to a pre-2002.5 car (I've done the retrofit before on my current Bora, post-2002.5 lights onto a 53-plate), e.g. will the later controllers talk to the earlier cluster/ccm/etc.

2. Are there any underlying electronic differences that may scupper my plans (again, on cluster, ccm, etc.) for swapping engines later.

·
Registered
10,998 Posts
not really it's the same for them as the other mk4's... so basically only immo3 that won't be backward compatible and of course the infamous hard to re-write dashcluster look here for more info on that... other than this the lot should be compatible ( mind you the 4 motion does limit your choice of suspension and wheel upgrades- as in you can't run staggered wheels p.e. front 18 inch rear 19 inch ) yes you can even swap the lot from an r32 in and make it a full on r32.

you might have the xenon looms that are upgraded but that is about it... the rest is all hot swappable ( with some needing to be coded in)

·
Registered
154 Posts
2003 BDE 24valve engine (vs AUE engine on my original 2001 V6 Bora 4Motion)

smaller head rests
Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Personal luxury car Auto part

new internal sensor for alarm on/off button (if dog in car or going on a ferry); beside driver seat at base of B pillar
Automotive tire Automotive design Hood Vehicle Grey

1 - 5 of 5 Posts