Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Quote: posted by 02 Bora on 04/02/2004 15:34:05

can anyone who is insured with Liverpool Victoria tell me if you can make payment by installments?

My renewal is due at the end of the month & its time to start phoning around for quotes.

Yes, they will accept instalments. Works out about 20% up front with the balance over 11 months, with an APR of 12.5%.

· Registered
373 Posts
I am with admiral, avoid them like the at all costs if you want to mod your car.

I wanted to fit some Hela tinted rear clusters to my car, my stock ones where the none tinted ones like on the SE, I asked them if I fitted them how much it would be.

They told me £75 more, if they where broken they would not replace them if they where broken, and they would only accept it if VW fitted the lights, and they also wanted a certificate of fitment of VW.

The lights only cost me £40, so needless to say I said no to my insurance company and did not fit the lights [;)]

· Registered
1 Posts
After much searching, Liverpool victoria came out tops and i will also confirm that chipping is OK with them, only physical engine mods will knack you up, my wheels, chip, pipe and body kit make not a kot off difference, ALSO, if you join the CMSA, you get a huge discount (almost 100 quid in my instance) but it does cost apx £20 to join the CSMA.

01273744744 is the membership tel number.

Cornz...

1.8t passat, alloys, sebring back box, caractere kit and upsolute chip.

Cruise fitted soon!!!

· Registered
654 Posts
ALSO, if you join the CMSA, you get a huge discount (almost 100 quid in my instance) but it does cost apx £20 to join the CSMA.

Interesting. I used to be a CSMA member but cancelled and got a refund token (so can use this to join again, saves me spending it on drink i suppose [;)]). I got my new Golf in Januray and use VW insurance as they matched CSMA's L&V quote. But on the light that I may get Revo'd I may go back to L&V as I bet VW will hammer you for that mod! If L&V don't hit you for mods, then this is rather good.

· Registered
703 Posts
Thumbs up for Greenlight from me!

Just taken out my new policy with them today - £550 (inc mods) vs £625 to renew with Admiral (no mods). Only another £50 to chip it to 200 bhp.

Interestingly, if I didn't want to increase the engine performance then Elephant (also part of Admiral!) were competitive but wouldn't replace the modified parts like for like. I try to get a quote from L&V but when the estimated premium came in at nearly a grand.......get real!!

It's also incredible how much quotes can vary - looked into an unmodified Golf V6 4motion quote and the AA quote jumped from about £600 to £1200, whereas Elephant wanted only another £200 over the modified GTI.

Insurance is a crazy world - thanks to Neil at Greenlight for sorting me out!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.