Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got first map on,, only managed to gain very little on Bhp....some mins later.. tired second map.... still not much luck...
At that point,, i started thinking the car dont' want to have any of this...... But thanks to the good team from SC... to work on the code... and finally got something that they happy with....
Haven't really had much chance to do full test yet.. as i managed to get stuck behind every single lorry you can think of!!
But... i can say.. the car feels much better then before... alot more responsive.. and feels like a proper car!!!
I think it will still take some time for engine to loosen up... before i can see what the car can really do!!
The DSG really does take time to get uses to.... and i think we still not quite understand each other yet....

Comparing to my old mk4.. i think theres still some gap between the two...

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I was waiting for someone with a TDi DGS to get mapped - and now you've done it!!!

I'm glad it's you Aric, as you were kind enough to let me drive yours back from Birmingham NEC (MPH05) two weeks ago and hopefully i'll get a chance some time to try it now after the remap.

Thanks for the SMS updates on the day you went to SC - it was interesting to get the "live" information as it happened!!

I'm sure the car has ALOT more to give - once you've got some miles under it's belt - it'll be a totally awesome package I reckon.

As I mentioned before - I was also relatively disappointed after coming from a tuning-boxed' PD130 Mk4 to my "stock" PD140 Mk5 - however, after lots of miles and the remap, i'm MORE than happy that it's a progression.

I think it's the whole "package" that impresses me the most - it's a truly amazing piece of kit.

OK - we paid ALOT of cash for our cars, because we had most - if not all the "options" boxes ticked on the extras list - however - there are few cars about these days that can be so versatile, luxurious, sporty, fast and also economical, as well as holding decent residuals.........for me, there is no other option.

Talking about Superchips - I think you realise now why they are considered to be one of the best in their industry - they are very customer oriented, and won't leave something until THEY are happy with it.
I would recommend them to anyone, and with all due respect to their dealer network - you won't get better personal service unless you visit their HQ.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Made up for ye mate..you do really notice the differance i got mine done about 3 months ago and it fine..a know what ye mean about gettin used to the dsg though..Have had  mine 5 months and only just comeing to terms with it..

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was waiting for someone with a TDi DGS to get mapped - and now you've done it!!!

I'm glad it's you Aric, as you were kind enough to let me drive yours back from Birmingham NEC (MPH05) two weeks ago and hopefully i'll get a chance some time to try it now after the remap.

Thanks for the SMS updates on the day you went to SC - it was interesting to get the "live" information as it happened!!

I'm sure the car has ALOT more to give - once you've got some miles under it's belt - it'll be a totally awesome package I reckon.

As I mentioned before - I was also relatively disappointed after coming from a tuning-boxed' PD130 Mk4 to my "stock" PD140 Mk5 - however, after lots of miles and the remap, i'm MORE than happy that it's a progression.

I think it's the whole "package" that impresses me the most - it's a truly amazing piece of kit.

Talking about Superchips - I think you realise now why they are considered to be one of the best in their industry - they are very customer oriented, and won't leave something until THEY are happy with it.
I would recommend them to anyone, and with all due respect to their dealer network - you won't get better personal service unless you visit their HQ.
Thanks Jon, I have to say the car now do feel alot more alive compare to before, specially move off from the MK4. I am sure the it will get better and better over time, and should also improve in a few weeks time [:)]

Well.. you more then welcome to sample the difference before and after. I am sure you will say its crap compare to yours..

SMS is the past, Video messages is now and future... [~]

I am indeed very happy with the service offered by SC. They are very friendy and helpful! I also made the right choice to do the rolling roll, otherwise I and SC will never have know the map they first put on didn't really improve much..

Came home tonight and to find a letter from SC and I was quiet surprise after opening it!!
They said they had their policy changed recenty and to offer US a free before and after power test when done at their HQ. So they have refund me with the cost!!! HOW GOOD IS THAT FROM THEM??????????

So, for those people that are thinking about Re-Map..... you know where you should be heading to!!!!

Once again, many thanks to SC @ HQ

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Made up for ye mate..you do really notice the differance i got mine done about 3 months ago and it fine..a know what ye mean about gettin used to the dsg though..Have had mine 5 months and only just comeing to terms with it..
Oh yes... I notice the difference alright!! I can pull off round about... overtaking people with short gap... and the throttle response are much much better.... Moving from MK4 130 Revo to Mk5 140 was abit of a shock at first, but now its much better thou it doesn't have the feel of power present compare to my old Mk4.

I am ok with the DSG in D or S mode, but i do prefer in manual as it gives me more control to what gear i want to be in, not very easy to know how many gear you drop down thou. I am not tall enough to see the gear line at the bottom of the MFD.. LOL

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Nice write up aric, a good recommendation for Superchips. I hadn't seen any pics of the car yet either, it looks great too. Are those the GTi wheels?

So will you be taking it back to Germany to test its full potential next year? [;)]

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice write up aric, a good recommendation for Superchips. I hadn't seen any pics of the car yet either, it looks great too. Are those the GTi wheels?

So will you be taking it back to Germany to test its full potential next year? [;)]
Thanks. i had posted a few a few weeks ago after chaning the wheels. Yes.. they are the GTI 18s. got that fitted about 20 mins after i got the car.. haha

Germany? oh yes.. I am sure i will go back there as long as everyone still up for it?.

·
Registered
779 Posts
What figures did you get of superchips when it was done..Bhp Torque etc..Dont think my dsg is as quick as the manual i had done to be honest.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here's the final power graph for the day. I did fuel up empty tank with BPUD 30mins before..that might improve things abit.

Posted Image

i been comparing that to the manual version.. seen mine cruve is abit smoother then the one on their website.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here is a one taken from a Mk5 GT TDI Manual.. As you can see, the bhp is abit more then mine.. and torq.
I believe DSG have torq limits.. and as SC and a few other have said, the car should be better once the engine loosen up

Posted Image

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
as shown.. mine isn't really much increase compare to the others.. I think i will leave it for now until i have a few more miles on the clock and when the weather gets better, then i will re-visit SC and see what the car doing and if anything they can do the improve on the code.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Foxy was that before the exhaust was added or after?

Chris
As far as i remember, he already had milltek fitted before the map.. infact.. he might even have it fitted before he even have his hand on the car!!! haha

Foxy, was that the first map or was it the serial map?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts