Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long is it before you can upgrade your Mobile Phone if your on a contract? Havent got time to go to the shop to ask before the W.End, so thought i'd see if anyone knew on here.

Thanks Bex [:)]

·
Registered
67 Posts
Usually 1 year. If you want a good deal, ring up your mobile operator and threaten to leave. Ask for your Port Authority Code (PAC) and they will usually offer you a good package to stay.

Kee

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh [:(] was hoping it was going to be 6 months or something near!!! Only had the phone since February.

·
Registered
354 Posts
The only way you will get a good deal as already mentioned, say you
want to cancle your contract. I never had an upgrade for three years,
and there were only going to offer me some sh*t phone, i even got the
shop manager to phone on my behalf and see about a better deal and the
outcome was the same.

So in the end i phoned up to cancel, and they asked what phone and
contract i had seen, so i told them and without hesitation they matched
the phone and halfed the line rental for the year!!

Result.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The only way you will get a good deal as already mentioned, say you want to cancle your contract. I never had an upgrade for three years, and there were only going to offer me some sh*t phone, i even got the shop manager to phone on my behalf and see about a better deal and the outcome was the same.

So in the end i phoned up to cancel, and they asked what phone and contract i had seen, so i told them and without hesitation they matched the phone and halfed the line rental for the year!!

Result.
Really, wow. I'll have to try that. Thanks for telling me.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Usually 1 year. If you want a good deal, ring up your mobile operator and threaten to leave. Ask for your Port Authority Code (PAC) and they will usually offer you a good package to stay.
sadly not always the case......

i recently had said conversation with o2. After being with them for 6yrs, they were prepared to give me..........squat, zilch,nowt! They 'couldnt' offer me anything above what a new customer would get(even after spending 90mins on phone to them)

when i first mention i was thinking of migrating to v/phone, an operator said: quote- "great you go to vodaphone and have a nice time there!"

charming eh!

·
Registered
495 Posts
If you're with Orange you can downgrade your tariff to the equivelent
of Vodafone Business (?14 per month) which is the cheapest monthly
tariff available.

Wait for that to go through and then ring up customer services the next
day and tell them you want to cancel your contract. They will charge
you the line rental till Feb (with a small discount) to release you and
give you your PAC code.

That is the cheapest way out of an Orange contract [Y]

C

·
Registered
432 Posts
ade at any time with orange.  The only issue is they charge you a surcharge.  I think at 6months its ?75, but if you are a heavy enough user, they can waiver this - normally at 9 months.  ?80 a month bill - free upgrade at 9 months no worries

1 - 20 of 20 Posts