Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Disk off ebay with software (games, ringtones, wallpapers etc) for my Samsung E820 Mobile. Anyway, ive got a cable to connect my phone to my pc so plugged it in and put the cd in. Problem is i haven't gotta clue how to put the software off my pc onto my Phone.

When i put the disk in, it comes up saying 'what do i want to do' but doesn't say anything about putting it onto my phone, just says the basic things it says when i connect my digicam to my pc. Anyone got any ideas????

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks Bex

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Click 'view files and folders' and look for a setup.exe file. Or, look for a .exe file of some sort, like start.exe or something along those lines.

It may be a case of doing it manually though, and at that point, my brain stops as I don't have much to do with mobiles apart from answering and making calls on them, not into ringtones in the slightest! So you might need to import them from your phone or something.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Click 'view files and folders' and look for a setup.exe file. Or, look for a .exe file of some sort, like start.exe or something along those lines.

It may be a case of doing it manually though, and at that point, my brain stops as I don't have much to do with mobiles apart from answering and making calls on them, not into ringtones in the slightest! So you might need to import them from your phone or something.
I have no idea what that means but ill have a go!! I think i might have to do it manually but im too tired to work out how to do it [:'(]

Trust u not to be into Ringtones [;)]

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
What u mean 'Trust You'?!

I'm not blond and I aint a girl who gets excited over a ring tone!!! [:p] Mine goes 'beep' and does me fine thanking you!

Do you like frogs!?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What u mean 'Trust You'?!

I'm not blond and I aint a girl who gets excited over a ring tone!!! [:p] Mine goes 'beep' and does me fine thanking you!

Do you like frogs!?
Ohhhhhh well i was wanting the wallpapers, and screen savers more than the ringtones actually not that it has anything to do with u!! You referring to the Crazy frog?? Dont worry im with nearly the whole population who cant stand it.

And btw Blond.....its spelt BLONDE!! [;)]

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Was just testing you obviously, 3 points for picking it up though, you must be an intelligent blonde [:D]

Shame you can't work a phone though otherwise you would have got 4 points [:p]

Also, while I'm having this little battle with you, why are you on my AOL recent buddies list!??! How did you get there!??! Women!! I take it it's you who thinks shes cool!?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think you'll find it's coz you emailed me and then it made u as one of my buddys!! and vice versa!!

Sorry ill stop having a battle with ya now..........

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Well 5 points for whoever (OUT OF YOU TWO) who slaps me down first - i thought blond was dependant on sex... Or am I getting confused with my french stuff? ;-)

On a serious note - Never had a samsung - is it a Windows Mobile phone, or some sort of symbian thing (i will accept a slap for not knowing if I'm being too technical!)

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
If it is just ringtones and wallpaper just drag them across the the appropiate directory on the phone, then using the phone s elect the one you want.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
If it is just ringtones and wallpaper just drag them across the the appropiate directory on the phone, then using the phone s elect the one you want.
That would make sense! So once your phone is plugged in you can explore it can you? Spose depending on the phone OS. Told you, I know nothing about phones! All I know is that when I get an upgrade it's straight on ebay and theres 200 quid in my pocket!!

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Well 5 points for whoever (OUT OF YOU TWO) who slaps me down first - i thought blond was dependant on sex... Or am I getting confused with my french stuff? ;-)

On a serious note - Never had a samsung - is it a Windows Mobile phone, or some sort of symbian thing (i will accept a slap for not knowing if I'm being too technical!)
CKB, are you telling me that I was actually right when I said 'I'm not blond' with no e!? Eat that Bex!!! [:p]

J, you have just confirmed that I was indeed correct.....la la la, wheres my apology!?

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
That's the way I always thought it was G, but I wouldn't put money on me being right. Well I wouldn't until MB agreed with me [;)]

Anyway, trying vainly to stay on point (which I'm forever crap at!), Bex let us know how all the suggestions go and whether yer still stuck [:)]

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh my godddddddddddd! No way is there two ways of spelling 'Blonde'!! I just DONT BELIEVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE IT!!!!!!!!!

Errrrrm im still kinda stuck btw [:(] Think ill be putting the lead and disk back onto ebay asap!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nothing happens on my phone when i plug the cable into it though......... I was getting so wound up last night coz i couldn't do it [:'(]

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You've never heard of Samsung Mobile Phones?!! [;)]

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Nothing happens on my phone when i plug the cable into it though......... I was getting so wound up last night coz i couldn't do it [:'(]
Does the cable go in a USB port on the computer? Have you tried all the USB ports, and have you tried other USB devices, just to be sure the ports work at all (if not, it's likely just that the drivers are not installed - seen this quite often).

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
It depends on the phone setup surely. Also depends on USB 1.1 and 2.0 I spose.

Bex, when you plug your phone into your computer, right click on 'start' and go to 'explore'. Down the bottom on the left hand side you may have something called 'mobile device' or 'digital camera' or maybe even 'removable disk'. When you take the phone off the comp, it will dissapear. If you don't get that either A) the phone isn't a compatiable phone or B) the usb lead isnt working or your using USB 2.0 on a 1.1 system and it's not picking it up.

Plug mine into my computer via a USB lead and nothing would happen as it's too old! Plug my mums in to her computer and you can 'explore' the phone and add things to it and take things off....I only know cus I have spent so long with her doing it!! [:mad:]

See, I'm nice really, will try and get yer ringtones on to keep you happy!...shame about the blond thing though eh, seems I was right all along [:p]

1 - 20 of 30 Posts