Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK people WHY OH WHY OH WHY do 99% of phone holders look like a lump of road kill plastic on the dash???!

You try and get a generic one (as I have an oddball phone) then that goes upto 99.9% of them look hidious?!

You know what I want - do drillnig into dash - but happy to use the dummy buttons etc

Something nice basically - so show me yours.......!!!

BEFORE anyone asks VW do do LOVELY ones for the Golf BUT LHD ONLY yeah cheers VW...lol

Cheers

C

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
How about using the dashmount bracket that goes down the side of the climate control and then attach a suitable phone holder to that. No drilling and looks neat and tidy too..

www.dashmount.co.uk

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote: posted by golfturbo on 24/03/2005 12:28:36

suitable phone holder

THIS IS THE PROBLEM.....lol

Cheers

C

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote: posted by Shaq on 24/03/2005 12:46:44

Quote: posted by golfturbo on 24/03/2005 12:28:36

suitable phone holder

THIS IS THE PROBLEM.....lol

Fixing ain't too much of an issue BUT what to put the phone in??

Cheers

C

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Here you go Chris, i found this worked particularly well with my flip phone but obviously you could use it to hold any type of phone.

It is shown here holding a PDA so you can imagine how well the magnets hold to each other and it simply clips nice and neatly into the vents.

Also there are no unsightly brackets at either side like most phone holders have... A nice compromise i thought!

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Hope this gives you another option! [^]

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers for all your suggestions people and after muchos hunting I have come to the conclusion that I'm gonna have to build my own...lol

IF I had a "normal" phone or shall I say main stream then I would go for the Nokia set-up everytime BUT this ain't possible with my phone - d'oh!

Can use bluetooth but not all the time due to Sat Nav but thats not a major issue - still think its gonna be a funky custom build mind...watch this space for pics etc

Cheers

C

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Quote: posted by Shaq on 24/03/2005 19:53:49

Can use bluetooth but not all the time due to Sat Nav but thats not a major issue

My Bluetooth works with the OEM satnav version G....[:)] Bluetooth through the Nokia speaker inside the centre console, satnav bird through hifi speakers....

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote: posted by Reflex TDI on 25/03/2005 08:12:23

Quote: posted by Shaq on 24/03/2005 19:53:49

Can use bluetooth but not all the time due to Sat Nav but thats not a major issue

My Bluetooth works with the OEM satnav version G....[:)] Bluetooth through the Nokia speaker inside the centre console, satnav bird through hifi speakers....

Perhaps I didn't explain things 100% clearly - I run my Sat Nav on the mobile phone you see. And you can;t have (to the best of my knowledge) two Bluetooth devices connecting to a phone at one time - Bluetooth GPS receiver and Bluetooth headset for example...?!!

EVEN if I could I still need a sexy mount for the dash so I can seethe Sat Nav on the phone [:D]

Cheers

C

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Quote: posted by col.mc on 25/03/2005 15:27:53

Quote: posted by marriedblonde on 25/03/2005 12:59:23

Chris I ave a dashmount holder that frts over the centre airvent if your interested. Would mean your satnav was in the line of site.

http://shop.dashmount.co.uk/vw/71530.htm

You also have a back to front speedo [:O][:D][:D]

LOL....maybe the mount is magnetic and effects the speedo - bit like putting a speaker on a TV [:D]

J.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts