Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need to get my hands free fitted (Nokia) - where abouts have you fixed your holster (to quote Peter Kay's mum [:D]) to the left of the head unit? Any photo's you have showing the various options would be great. Cheers.

Rally_Chris - have you still got that spare bit of trim from yours going?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Can't send any pics but I also have Nokia kit, there is a special bracket available that slides in between your climate and spacer on the LHS, no drilling required and cradle then sits to the left with no fouling of glovebox lid or passengers legs, unless they're a little chubby. No rattles either, your local phone kit installer should be able to sort you out cost @ ?20 just for the bracket, Ouch [!]

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Spin - mine has manual temp control dials, not climate but I'm sure it will be ok. Thanks again

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've fitted the VW phone holder which goes just to the left of the wireless receiving apparatus and has two concealed screws under the glove box lid. Looks v. neat & doesnt get in the way of wireless, glove box, cup holders etc. Cost about 45 Quid from VW stealer though.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I have put mine just the right of the handbrake in the gully where the fuel button is. Just have to be carefull not to disslodge it when applying the handbrake. I used that double sided foam that about 1mm think to attach the holder to the trim.

I thought of trying other places, but nothing was a good unless you have te full hand-free kit.

My lead on the hands-free is quite short, so thats another reason fo putting it where I did.

I'll post a pick tomorrow

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine cradle is clipped infront of the left centre air vent. No screw holes at all and solid. Phones also at a good height to see the display.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just caught the guy installing one in the car park - he mentioned both your type Spin and the one you mention Gaz so no holes needed for either[:D] . Just need to decide which one I want. Spin - can you see the face of yours ok as you'd be looking down on it right??; thinking I might go for this option. Gaz's is more in the eye line so better from that point of view, but then again it'll always be in the eye line if you follow even when not being used....not sure.

Any pictures of either option installed would be great. Cheers

·
Registered
296 Posts
Quote: posted by Doug W on 20/08/2004 14:40:35

it'll always be in the eye line

Agreed, but if you don't have the full handfree kit or bluetooth and you have a short lead it becomes difficult to decide where to put it.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I have seen a backet one can buy that slips between the dash and the left-hand side of the Air Con unit. It hides any fixings. I'll try and find it.

As far a position is concerned I expect its similar to that large lump you can attach to the footwell.

·
99 Ronnie
2,793 Posts
I've got a Nokia 6310i. The handsfree kit cradle actually sits on the upper right hand side of the dashboard, basically on the opposite side of the dash but same area as the tax disc. This works really well and no screws/holes needed, plus no clumbsy people can kick it or knock it off. I'll attempt to put some pictures on here when I get home, never tried it before!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cheers guys - I'm getting it done through work so won't be buying myself. Guy is coming to fit it all tomorrow. Think I'm going to go for the vent mounted option (Gaz's way) but asked the fitted to bring all options so I can take a look and decide - he wasn't sure if the vent mounted version would stop you being able to open the drinks holder - does it sit high enough to allow this to be openned/used still Gaz??

1 - 17 of 17 Posts