Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No changes since last post but some new pictures while its clean

Simple install going in on friday with alpine v12 4ch amp and jl 12" sub

Coilovers and red leather retrim in the pipeline!!

Hope you guys like...
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
643 Posts
Lovely looking motor [Y]

·
Registered
527 Posts
Looks great mate. Wheels suit it brilliant. Have you added a front lip to the bumper or is it something else?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its a votex front splitter smoothed onto the standard bumper, the rubstrips were also smoothed off on the front bumper.

The rear bumper is just the 2 rear parts to the bumper smoothed together and the lower part detextured!

·
Registered
527 Posts
it looks really good mate. you planning on smoothing the doors too? where did you get your work carried out? looks like a brilliant job.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im not sure about the doors to be honest. I think at some stage they will be smoothed off but for now colour coded! The work was done by a friend of mine in his garage. He is the owner of the MK2 you see in the pictures and is a joiner by trade, not even a sprayer but im happy with his work! And a hell of  a lot cheaper than bodyshop quotes i got for the smoothing!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I had 20mm rear spacers but they buffed too much so i have taken them off, looking to buy a new set for the rear, what size do you think would suit best? I think 15 might still be touch and go with scrubbing, is it possible to get 12mm hubcentric spacers.

Interior shots will be up when i get back to N.Ireland on Friday, along with some shots of the install.

Also Baker21, where did you get the black asa centre caps?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I had 20mm rear spacers but they buffed too much so i have taken them off, looking to buy a new set for the rear, what size do you think would suit best? I think 15 might still be touch and go with scrubbing, is it possible to get 12mm hubcentric spacers.

Interior shots will be up when i get back to N.Ireland on Friday, along with some shots of the install.

Also Baker21, where did you get the black asa centre caps?
20mm spacers seems a lot mate but are your wheels 8.5J all round or 9.5J on the rear?

FK sell 13mm or 10mm hubcentric if that helps for the MKV Golf I believe having just looked at their catalogue.

I bought my wheels off another forum member and those are the caps that they came with, I have tried to contact ASA on a number of occasions but no joy, if you have any ideas then please let me know as I need another valve cap cover!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The wheels are 8.5 wide and et45, it needs new spacers as the 20mm ones were too big to be honest, i think i might chance it with the 13 mm ones!

Any thoughts aside from red on the retrim! Im open to suggestions!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Sorry Mate, I realise this thread has been silent for a while - but was looking at your lovely motor and am inspired to lose the front bumper strips. In all honesty, they don't make sense to me. Can you just remove them or I am just being blonde?

By the way, I don't know whether you have already gone ahead with the retrim - but would recommend either camel or cognac (which is slightly darker). Never considered replacing your double din with an LCD screen?

Let me know mate - really curious.

Ivo

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
Looks well nice, and smart! [Y] Have you thought about getting the centres done in black with a polished lip [;)] Think that would look spot on and go with the stealhy look [:)]

MkII is looking nice and low! [Y]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts