Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
WOW![:O] That looks the biz.Those BBS's look ten times better than the standard wheels.Love the colour as well,dont see many in that shade.Very nice[Y]

GOOF

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
looks great, love the combo of the grey and the wheels.
Still dont' like the R front end, but then that's a personal thing... However, Carlos I think has summed it up perfectly - excellent choice dude [y]

C

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Don't have any firm plans as yet, but would like a drive of the APS 300bhp modded car but I'm a bit worried about loss of warranty etc & I've heard that the Miltek on the MKV .:R can be a bit noisy which I defintely don't want.

Would like the GenII Haldex mod & I'm hoping that Koni will bring out an FSD kit for the MKV.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[Still dont' like the R front end, but then that's a personal thing... However, Carlos I think has summed it up perfectly - excellent choice dude [y]

C
I agree I don't like it either but it does grown on you (a bit). I'm already on my second grille surround as a large stone punctured the finish on the first one 6 weeks after I took delivery. I wouldn't mind but I have Paintshield on the car except the grille surround as it wouldn't stick on there. I even had the extra thick PS film on the Xenons.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
[Still dont' like the R front end, but then that's a personal thing... However, Carlos I think has summed it up perfectly - excellent choice dude [y]

C
I agree I don't like it either but it does grown on you (a bit). I'm already on my second grille surround as a large stone punctured the finish on the first one 6 weeks after I took delivery. I wouldn't mind but I have Paintshield on the car except the grille surround as it wouldn't stick on there. I even had the extra thick PS film on the Xenons.
I prefer the GTI front, R32s look too much like Jettas at the front, you could try getting that grille colour coded i think that would look better.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
[Still
dont' like the R front end, but then that's a personal thing...
However, Carlos I think has summed it up perfectly - excellent choice
dude [y]

C
I agree I don't like it either
but it does grown on you (a bit). I'm already on my second grille
surround as a large stone punctured the finish on the first one 6 weeks
after I took delivery. I wouldn't mind but I have Paintshield on the
car except the grille surround as it wouldn't stick on there. I even
had the extra thick PS film on the Xenons.
I prefer
the GTI front, R32s look too much like Jettas at the front, you could
try getting that grille colour coded i think that would look better.
Interesting
idea Dan - photoshop anyone? [:)] I'd have to see it roughly first -
my imagination for that kinda thing doens't really exist lol [:S]

As for "too much like Jettas" - they're virtually identical mate, tis a nightmare!

C
Ouch - what a way to start car ownership [:(] Sounds like you think the same about the front end as I do... How do you like the rest of the car tho, all good? [:D]

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The rest of the car I really like, particularly the great sound of the V6. With fantastic traction the chassis could certailnly handle an extra 50bhp or so.
It's not possible to colour code the front because of the 'foil' finish of the silver parts. Someone told me the grille surround of the new GT is the same & that's colour coded but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Keep an eye out for Lynsey's when it arrives (shortly) - if she gets some good pics up of that you'll be able tos ee dude [y]

C

PS - she's the only one I know on here awaiting a GT [:)]

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Keep an eye out for Lynsey's when it arrives (shortly) - if she gets some good pics up of that you'll be able tos ee dude [y]

C

PS - she's the only one I know on here awaiting a GT [:)]
Cheers.
I have a friend who takes delivery of his GT170 TDI on the 28th so I'll grab a look at his (grille!) in the flesh. Not going to change mine though (unless it gets damaged again) as I've just had a new one fitted although VW dealer did change it without charging me labour. It took about 45 minutes to change.

·
Registered
233 Posts
them rims look the business on your mkv , check those callipers out they look [H] aswell through them rims,

are those tints on your windows or is it just standard, they look a bit bluey in the pics. good taste [Y]

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
I agree, it does look better than the standard wheels, but...

...(and i'm ready to get shouted at here) the new wheels and the grey finish of the car seems to be spoilt but the blue on the calipers- seems to look out of place. Its an R32 though so I guess they shouldn't be changed!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
them rims look the business on your mkv , check those callipers out they look [H] aswell through them rims,

are those tints on your windows or is it just standard, they look a bit bluey in the pics. good taste [Y]
Tints just std, they are a bluey tint on the R32

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I agree, it does look better than the standard wheels, but...

...(and i'm ready to get shouted at here) the new wheels and the grey finish of the car seems to be spoilt but the blue on the calipers- seems to look out of place. Its an R32 though so I guess they shouldn't be changed!
I'm not changing the blue & in the flesh they look OK, don't know what other colour I would have anyway as I'm not keen on red calipers.

Notice a lot of replies from my area (NW), any of you guys going to this Salmesbury meet on Sunday?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts