Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, just about ready to purchase my first golf either 1.6 s or 1.6 se
Ive found a really nice 1.6 s with media cloth interior.
Ive contacted the car seller who has not got back to me as yet but was hoping you guys can help!
what do these seats actually look like? the ad does not have any interior photos and dont want to phone the man on boxing day!
does anyone have interior shots? are they comfortable?
any help would be greatly appreciated.
also does cruise control come as standard on 1.6 s models?

thankyou
Joe

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thankyou mate! really appreciate your quick response!
im sure i wouldnt miss cruise control as i dont have it now and dont do lots of motorway driving.
for the cars price i really cant moan!
lets hope its still there in a few days!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ahhh do you think thats about right?
all other garages seem to want way way more and theres not many private cars this good spec. certainly not in the colour and 3 door which im after!
another little niggle i had was the steering wheel. is it easy enough to change over? i did have a search on here which was helpful but just wondered if you knew any more about it

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
3985 is good sale with average of 60k on the clock, i would say if you knock them down a few hundred sheets (as you always should do when you buy a car) and its the one you want ,spec etc then your quids in.

you can change the steering wheel over fairly easily so im told i havent done it yet but i plan to, enough pleople on here have.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I havent been to any of the local ones mate, at least not for a while.
i live about 25 / 30 min drive from bath. ive been to the one in longwell green a while back and would like to go again either in my polo or hopefully the golf!
Im pretty sure ive seen you about! dont see alot of black golfs with orange wheels! only a glimps mind i may well of been wrong ;)
any meets coming up?

·
Registered
764 Posts
The picture posted of the cloth seats is wrong. The 'media' cloth is nice and comfortable but the 'brick' cloth seats are a lot more comfortable and supportive. The 'brick' seats are found in SE, match and GT models. Try go for the SE.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
cheerys guys right or wrong at least it give me a idea doesnt it :)

the difference between the two cars im looking at is about a grand so id rather go for the cheaper s model than se if still available ( phoning in 30 minutes to find out )
performance wise they are identical if im correct in thinking?
i am planning to change the springs for eibach springs or equivalent so suspension isnt to much of a bother. the other main differences i found were aircon and cruise control seats and trim on the dash.
if the media cloth seats are comfortable and supportive enough i believe they will be good enough for me. i can retro fit everything else apart from air con which id be happy with.
if there are any other differences i am unaware off please let me know :)
joe

1 - 20 of 21 Posts