Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this on an Italian site created by a school friend of mine.

For those of you who don't understand Italian, the 30th Anni has the 2.0 TFSI engine uprated to 230 bhp, fully colour coded, black Monza II alloys, R32 tail lights, new (possibly Votex?) front lip, Interlagos trim, red-stitched leather steering wheel with Edition 30 logo.

The site is fairly reputable so it seems like this is the real deal.

http://www.omniauto.it/magazine/articolo/1629/volkswagen_golf_gti_edition_30.html

http://www.omniauto.it/magazine/articolo1/1629/volkswagen_golf_gti_edition_30.html

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Hmmm doesn't make the same impact as the 25th, but then that went a long way to brightening up a dull standard car, whereas a well-specced MkV GTI is already the real deal. Still, it is subtle but slightly more menacing and has a "factory" tuned engine which is probably the same real power as most of the remaps available to owners.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Personally i think it looks nice, BUT why paint the monza's black [:s]
i would of gone with either BBS CH's in either 18" or 19" as this would
really complement the car and make it look better out of the box unlike
just painting the monza's which are a great wheel in the original
finish imo..

Sat

·
Registered
266 Posts
I agree with Sat, why paint an already good looking wheel? Loving the interior, but the exterior just isnt enough to distinguish from a normal GTI a part from a few tweaks here and there. I dont know what i was expecting, just a little different, a bit more thought, you know?

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
My problem is that all the pictures so far look like a badly modified car. It does not look good enough to be a special edition so how can VW have produced it. However, some of those parts must have come from VW, the gearknob is clearly a combination of the MKV GTI knob and the Golf ball knob. The steering wheel is a work of art. These parts would be very difficult to create by a single modder.

TBH - I am not impressed by it.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Personally i think they should of revised the kit a bit give it more of
a stealth or even bling look to make it different from the GTI. As if
you think about it when the mk4 came out the vortex kit was an option
yes, but the anni kit wasn't but with the mk5 it just looks like the
anni kit is just going to be the vortex kit which doesn't make it as
special as the mk4 anni was, and compare again the standard mk4 golf
gti came with 16" wheels when the anni came out they put on 18" so its
onlt fair that the mk5 has 19" wheels as this is 2" over the standard
17" wheels [:D]

Sat

·
Registered
266 Posts
My problem is that all the pictures so far look like a badly modified car. It does not look good enough to be a special edition so how can VW have produced it. However, some of those parts must have come from VW, the gearknob is clearly a combination of the MKV GTI knob and the Golf ball knob. The steering wheel is a work of art. These parts would be very difficult to create by a single modder.

TBH - I am not impressed by it.
Exactly what i was thinking, about a badly modified car, but loving the steering wheel, and gear knob, not sure if the dials are the same as in the GTI, but i love em, they look ded nice!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Agree with the comments about the wheels, dont see the point in just having painted Monza's, some black 19" CH's on the other hand.....

Also agree that the body kit isnt special enough, its just a colour coded GTi, whereas the MKIV anni looked special, and was very different to the standard GTi.

Peter

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Hmmm. Interior isn't bad! exterior styling is different but doesn't differ enough to the normal GTI. And those black wheels suck! Should have gone for some tasteful BBS rims like the 25th!

I think it just looks like someone with a "moderate" amount of taste has modified a MKV e.g. (Remap, front splitter, R32 lights, painted wheels black)!!!! The MKIV anni looks sweet but still OEM. Anyone know what I mean?

BUT - it is hard to fix something that aint broke!!

Doesn't do it for me unfortunately, i'll be keeping the MKIV until my Vaquish S turns up! [;)]

·
Registered
471 Posts
I'm not a fan of that... the leather/tartan seats I dig quite a bit, but the rest of it not so much.
I think the GTI looks more characterful with the black valences/skirts anyway, no other Golf V has those.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
My problem is that all the pictures so far look like a badly modified car.
I agree, those wheels look bloody disgusting IMO, I would much rather have a stock one...

Looking at the UK 20th and 25th Annis, and the US 20th and 337, it does
not feel like a VW OEM job to me. It's got a bit of a 182 / Cupra feel
to it. I think a VW edition would be a little less 'hardcore racer' to
look at and a bit more 'shiny'to appeal to a wider audience. The colour coding in particular feels very aftermarket / dealer
aftermarket...designers use black valances and trim to break up shapes
and make a car appear lower or leaner. It's generally modders who go
and paint it all...

·
Registered
301 Posts
I would say its a first production prototype and the alloys are just for test purposes.... I would assume the production 30th anni to wear some BBS alloys similar to what is on the new A3 or A4

Or

1 - 20 of 23 Posts